The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just keep after it, eventually you will win

Sota and oldnotdead like this.
  2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep.

oldnotdead likes this.
  3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Works great. We've been doing that on the farm for 30 years now when using buckets on the tractors, payloaders and bobcat to push snow. The last 5 years we moved up to a pusher on the payloader. That really speeded up snow removal. Still use the bobcat for clean up in the smaller, harder to get to places along the building and bins. Also have a rear mount snow blower for one of the tractors.

GregH likes this.
  4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you want privacy, get rid of your cell phone, completely remove yourself from the internet and go completely cash, close bank accounts and pay off the mortgage. There is no privacy as long as there are enough servers to store data.

oldnotdead likes this.
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That still wouldn't eliminate all 'footprints', but would greatly add to your level of privacy.

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So a year and a half ago, I strongly suggested my client follow a specific approach... Instead, they 'went another way'... The day of reckoning has arrived. [​IMG]

7. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using LED lights in shops and sheds for a few years now. They work well in my open tractor shed. They come on instantly and it's bright enough to change implements in the middle of the night if you desire. They're great in a work shop if you want to see well enough to not cut your fingers off also!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How many lumens per light out in the shed?

9. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe these are the ones I used.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Fix likes this.
  10. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    6 to 9 inches of heavy wet snow on the way. It is winter and this should not be rant worthy but preceding the snow will be freezing rain. The drive in tomorrow may be interesting.

Add in my dad is having eye surgery today and needs to be at the eye doc tomorrow for a follow up and has fallen at least 6 times in the last 2 weeks...

Going to be an awesome day!

oldnotdead and dnoodles like this.
  11. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Frost on the ground this morning for the first time in 2021, season is still open, and I have to be at work.:rant:

12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep 4 hours of shoveling and snow then misting rain as I shoveled. Finished and the heavy stuff started. Midnight I went out and shoveled infront of deck and around vehicals. Then woke up and was socked in. Started shovelibg to get hubby out at 6:30 and finished at 10:30. Well not finished still have a third of drive to do. Got from vehicals to road done. 4 ft of packed snow at end of drive this a.m. Thanks plows....lol
    Hubby hired a guy to shovel the deck and garage roofs 30.00 per hour. He had best get ME a really nice Valentine this year! Having first coffee and ibuprofen, resting a while before heading back out. Guy is late he got his truck stuck and is shoveling himself out. Hubby told him I was hand shoveling drive. He told hubby to watch it neighbors might turn him in for spousal abuse...lol

13. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ps...neighbor did stop as I got to the end of drive. Stop to see if I needed their tractor to dig out. She's my agw and just shakes her head when I say no thanks.. But she is the realtor

I'm telling you guys hold on because things are going to get really bad she can't keep up with the home equities and this whole " You don't have to pay your morgage" covid orders...Well that's not what the Banks are thinking and say. She said they are all positioning themselves for the defaults. There are steaming piles building up fast and when they hit the switch on the fans we will all get sprayed

14. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We're supposed to get 4-8" here but I don't think we're going to get the freezing rain. By the time the storm ends the temps will be in the single digits. I will then switch from my tractor to my dump truck with a 9 1/2' v-plow for that snow plowing job.

The older I get, the less I tolerate the cold.

15. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2 hrs to plow out this morning... With a wheeler. Winter is finally here.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, painfully aware. And those who can't pay and can't be foreclosed on, are stifling the supply...

Couple that with people working from home and not having to drive to offices...

These two are driving home and property prices within about a 90 minute drive of Charlotte through the roof! About 300% appreciation in a year. The only properties not turning over, nearly instantly are those partly or fully in a flood plain. I'm sure we're not the only urban /suburb market setting this phenomena...

As soon as people have to fight traffic back to offices and/or repos for up, it should flip from sellers market to buyers.

Sota likes this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Since Monday around noon I have not dipped even kept a tin in my pocket but did not open it, I threw the tin away tonight. The gum helps, I will get there.

18. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I quit Christmas eve, Sota. Stay at it. I patched for a couple weeks and then just sweated it out. Oddly enough, I went fishing last week and that was the only time I would've chewed if it would've been available. Tough sledding man, but it doesn't suck too bad after a while.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

cantexian and Sota like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It has not been awful I did try to quit once before cold turkey my wife said a-hole go buy a tin, the gum helps.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at the forecast for the weekend the temperature will be below zero when I get home from work Friday till Tuesday possibly. Subzero high temps suck especially days in a row.