Your favorite pro shop.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wop 75, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Wop 75

Wop 75 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thought it might be interesting to hear the name & location of your favorite pro shop .I go to B&L sporting goods Cataract Wis. Bob and Linda have been selling bows for years. I don't think there's anything on a bow that Bob cannot fix . They don't try to sell you anything you don't need. If you get up that way you should stop in you won't be disappointed . They are an APA archery dealer they also carry Matthews 10 point crossbows and also carry firearms & ammo.

GregH, Holt and Fix like this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    C&C archery Leroy NY

√ 20 yrd range
    √ Old man giving everyone sheet
    √ Willing to spend hrs teaching
    √ Great prices for mom n pop

Okiebob, dnoodles and Wop 75 like this.
  3. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A good pro shop can be hard to find. I had a buddy that opened a archery shop in town and I just always went there to support him. He closed down over a year ago and I haven't found a good shop to go to now. I also live only a hour from Lancaster archery, but have never been there. I really need to make a trip there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I lived an hour from Lancaster I would be divorced again and also much, much poorer. The only thing that keeps me from spending an absolute crap ton on their site is that I prefer to tinker before I buy. Up to a point, anyway.

Wop 75 and Hotrod9 like this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's the main reason I haven't gone up there. I tend to buy online and do my own work/tinker. I did go to the Lancaster archery shoot last year and that was alot fun. Got to meet Justin, Todd, and Brad there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wop 75 likes this.
  6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure the big name bow manufacturers won't license you unless you are over 60 and crotchety as F.

hambone51, Okiebob, Fix and 1 other person like this.
  7. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mine used to be North American Outfitters in Highland IL. Had 2 techs that were phenomenal. Reed and Chris. They both quit and the place has gone to hell in a hand basket. Now i go to a guy who runs a shop called The Bow Shed in Carlyle IL. He did a good job so ill continue to go to him

Fix and Wop 75 like this.
  8. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cataract is where I reside. I'll be visiting them in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Wop 75 and OhioHunter72 like this.
  9. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dont use a 'shop' .. I do all the work on my bows/equipment myself so Ithe work done is to my liking, and buy what I need on line/Lancaster/Eders, etc. .... its been many years since Ive been in any 'shop' ... I will stop in Bass Pro or Cabelas from time to time as both are close, but not for their 'bow shop', that is for sure ..

Wop 75 likes this.
  10. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Since I'm in the market for a new bow I'll use a shop rather than online. I like to support local when I can.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Wop 75 and Fix like this.
  11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Arrowhead Archery- Midwest City, Oklahoma.

The owner is one of the best bow techs I've ever run across. Plus, he puts up with me, so... Runs an awesome youth league with his wife and they both have a knack for getting kids excited about shooting. Really good people.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tales and Trails Zimmerman MN Scott Maricle. Indoor range He was instrumental in helping me learn how to shoot and got the bow I bought from a box box store right. I don't live close by anymore but I will make the drive.

13. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I typically go to Archers' Advantage in Little Rock. They are the closest authorized Hoyt dealer. They have always done a job checking my tune and timing. I buy arrows online from Lancaster Archery because the local shop doesn't sell anything except Easton and Carbon Express. I have been shooting the Black Eagles for three seasons now I really like how they work with my bow. I enjoy the process of arrow building so I do that myself now.

14. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We've had several over the years, none of them make it and end up closing. I've been stuck with Sportsman's Warehouse or North40 the last couple years.
    Just recently a local indoor firearm's shooting range, called Diamondback, decided to get a bow tech and start a pro shop. The owner recruited a tech that worked for Sportsman's, who was actually my favorite to have work on my bow when I needed it. So now we have a Pro Shop again. The tech is pretty knowledgeable, I've had no issues with his work the 2 or 3 times I've had him do something for me. I recently went and shot a Solution. He's getting in an SS with 70 lbs limbs and a Solution SD this week or next, and I'm going to try them and a Revolt-X before choosing a new bow this year. I really want to try a V3 too, but there is nowhere close that is a Mathews dealer.

Wop 75 likes this.