I tested a new low budget lighted nock...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhuntr64, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I wondered if there were any lighted nocks that didn't break the bank. I found these on Amazon and put them to the test.

2. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Be kinda cool if you posted some of your kills others then your own "testing videos".

Yanno, actually contributed to the forum?:whip:

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wait a minute if you are trying to bow hunt to feed your family and consider costs to be prohibitive, you might want to rethink your approach.

4. Bowhuntr64

Dislikes Received:
    I have about 60 hunting videos on my YouTube channel. I post them when I put them on my channel. The only one I added this fall was my Iowa buck. But earlier in the year I added a zebra, blesbok, cape buffalo, and turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I think the reviews that he posts are a great contribution to the forum.

@Bowhuntr64, keep on doing what you’re doing. I, for one, appreciate it.

6. gran

gran Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto.

7. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think folks are taking the criticism handed over wrong.

Being a content creator myself I can remember numerous times being told to place my content in the Manufacturers, Pro staff or what not section as that was where it needed to go. That was to a member that posts A TON even, not someone that merely dumps content across tons of forums solely to build followers.

I'm 100% good with his content, its great stuff. I just am not a fan of the forum merely being a views push for him. Is he a genuine good dude? Seems like it. Is it a little abuse of the forum...maybe to some, others not - just wish those that joined the forum would be for taking part in discussions and such - I think that is most likely the majority of the issue for most, which is fair.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like and agree with both posts.

I say that not being a content creator; other than the rare occasional bitchin' meme or astute social comment.

tynimiller likes this.
  9. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    for me, it's not about the cost of these nocks altho that's a bonus.
    I hate, and I mean HATE, the design of most other lighted nocks. This design actually seems to be the best of the bunch. The fact that they seem to perform about as good as the big names + are 40% cheaper is a bonus.

I try to stay away from pure China stuff but hey, if this is better and cheaper; well America- build a better mousetrap. Knock off the knock off nock.

10. Bowhuntr64

Dislikes Received:

I do welcome whatever critiques people may have. But I’m not sure why you think I am abusing the forum.

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry it doesn't make sense to you, however I cannot reword it any further and in the end like I've said I like the content, I've watched every video.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We do not take kindly to people who use the forum for there own promotion and offer no back ground, not saying what you are doing is wrong but you will never be one of us if you never do anything than promote your videos here.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  13. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think folks get miffed because you don't contribute in any other way on the boards other than to promote and link to your content on Youtube. Its great content, its useful and many of us enjoy it. It just comes off badly since you're using this forum for your own self serving needs only.

14. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been off this forum for a while and decided to come back to see what's new and what some of you have been up to. I have to say I've seen several of these posts where some of you continually belittle @Bowhuntr64 and badger him about his lack of forum content. Seems the posts I've seen where people comment on the content of the video's he is right there. Why would he feel comfortable trying to get to know some of you and participating in other areas with the constant putting down?? Sure there is historical forum etiquette but there are also plenty on this forum promoting themselves and their own content. It's content and he engages when people have questions.

OhioHunter72 likes this.
  15. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    OMG! For God sake just pop over to the political rant , ***** about one side or the or the other to " become one of us" then continue sharing your reviews. That may free up everyones concerns over your content...I mean really.
    Personally Post reviews and not hunts. I will be more interested in the former, but would know how not to click on the latter either way.

16. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am pretty sure I watched your videos on YouTube for some time before I realized you had posted some here on the forum, so I'll throw my .02 in here.

I don't have a problem with the content posted here. First they are technical and informative in a way that perhaps saves me some time and money. Also, you keep em coming and don't just dump a video, ask for feedback and tell everyone you are trying to make a name for yourself, then bounce.

I love this forum for lots of reasons, but I mostly came here to learn, bounce around ideas, ask questions about equipment I might like to try, general tips and occasional bitching. To me the videos fit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  17. Bowhuntr64

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the feedback. It’s interesting to hear the various thoughts about what is standard forum etiquette. I bet anyone reading this thread would see quite a few other breaches of forum etiquette as well. But it’s all good. I just like talking about, learning about, and sharing about archery stuff.

I have well over 12,000 posts on Archery Talk and a bunch on Rokslide as well, but am kind of new to this forum.

18. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    @Bowhuntr64, your videos are very informative. The effort you put forth is appreciated. The guys are just saying to be more active here. Comment on the posts here. You are a seasoned bowhunter. Give your input when someone has a question about something you may have knowledge of or experience with. There are quite a few active Threads that I am sure you can comment on. Yes, all of us have only such much time to give. However, just like you took time to post your video here, take time and participate by giving your input on some of the Threads. No one is beating you up. We will support you, but do the same and support us as well.

Swamp Stalker, Okiebob and Sota like this.
  19. Bowhuntr64

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the feedback. I will try to do that. The other day I did comment on several other videos in the bowhunting talk forum.

Swamp Stalker, SharpEyeSam and ChuckC like this.
  20. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
    I am going to give hose lighted nocks a try.

dnoodles likes this.