Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Crumbs.
    Tiger's, chicken fired rice, proud mama's, fake news, stand by, sit down, just wait.
    Q out.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My brother-in-law is a hardcore Q supporter. We've had a few fun go-arounds at family gatherings. The only thing stopping me from sending him some texts rubbing his face in this right now is the thought of my wife yelling at me and my desire to enjoy some husband/wife time again before the next Presidential election. And even that might not stop me after a couple beers tonight. :lol:

Mod-it, Germ, cantexian and 3 others like this.
  3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully the people of this country will one day soon realize that our political system is failing. The way "they" do it is draining us all. We may never be united 100% but we can support America and learn to listen to each other. We have had too much time on our hands in this century. Think back to my grandparents' generation. The greatest of them all. The depression, ww2, hard manual labor and determination brought this country together. We will likely never see that again but one can hope.

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whelp, we have successfully traded one aging incoherent rambling old man with nuclear launch codes for another aging incoherent rambling old man that can't stay awake who now has nuclear launch codes. Well played America, well played.

outdoorjoe, wl704 and arrowflinger1 like this.
  5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    or shower

Okiebob likes this.
  6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trump is out. I can accept it. I will however expect to see all of you fervent haters of him stand behind your pick and the choices he makes. Please do not say.... I don't support Biden, because we all had 2 choices. I'll stand by mine. I respect you all and know you will stand by yours.
    Yours truly
    Utopian awaiting Fix

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    This is humorous, as I shoveled snow today I thought of the "Trump" bashing time line. They will need him for at least a few weeks until their next victim will be rolled out. It's not good enough to go after a general ALL Trump supporters,that may back fire. I now see where they are headed....lol

8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Who exactly are you talking to? I don't think there are a bunch of hardcore Trump haters/Biden supporters on here.....

Personally speaking, I'm not sad to see him go. I liked Trump's stance on most issues and appreciated his candor at times, but overall, I felt that he was bad for America. My bank account and retirement plan may look better today than 4 years ago, but the fabric of our country has been eroded faster than ever before. While he most certainly is not solely to blame for this, he certainly did very little to make it better. Instead of trying to be a little less divisive in the way he spoke and treated people, he spent all of his time playing to his base, insulting people, deliberately pissing off the opposition, playing into the hands of the media, lying to his supporters and, in the end, costing himself the election. While likely causing irreparable harm to the Republican party.

All he had to do was try to be less of an a-hole, but that was too much to ask. If anyone is guilty of the sin of Pride, it's that man.

I held my breath and cast my vote for Donny J on election day, but I won't' be shedding tears to see him gone.

Germ and cantexian like this.
  9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure it didn't hurt that he wrote DJT a letter telling him what an awesome job he was doing. Played right into his weakness.......ego.

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After the WH deep cleaning was conducted, this is the only thing that was left in the Oval Office

163558.jpeg

GregH, ash d, Shocker99 and 1 other person like this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Perhaps if you directed your sentiment to the Democrats, media and swamp Republicans, you would be a bit more accurate in some of those sentiments. Though I do agree had he ignored them it would have been brilliantly more irritating to those opponents.

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I finally figured it out...
    Schumer walks like an Ogor ,but clearly looks like the Imp that he is....

13. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One guy I know of (family of a friend) bet several thousand dollars that Trump would stay in. He’s got to be singing the blues right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I like some things Trump did. I like that he didn't care what people thought...but it also didn't get him anywhere with moderates. I voted for him twice, I couldn't vote for Clinton or Joe. Too many things that rub me the wrong way. Overall, I am glad that I don't have to listen to too much Trump bashing any longer. Maybe in 2024 the repubs can put a decent person in there to run. Paul Ryan comes to mind. And he's an avid bowhunter!

15. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    One of the major issues I've had with staunch Trump supporters is their inability to see anything wrong with the man. In their eyes, all bad things that happened to Trump were always someone else's fault. The media - the Dems - Big Tech - and the list goes on. Trump did nothing wrong! lol

For the record:

• I dislike many Democratic politicians - especially those who grandstand and virtue signal like their lives depend on it. However, there are a few I like as well.
    • I dislike and distrust much of the media on both sides. Their bias, sensationalism, and lack of perspective is a huge factor in the social strife we have today. However, they are only giving the people what they want. Our populous are spectators at the Coliseum and the media just keeps bringing out more gladiators and lions to entertain us. Can you really blame them?
    • I dislike many within the Republican party as well - specifically those who stood shoulder to shoulder with Trump and lied to the public about the election being stolen from them and then assisted in the lie that on January 6th it was time to stand up and be Patriots. I think they're all a bunch of morons.
    But, none of that means that Trump isn't responsible for his own fate. He bet on playing the a-hole one too many times and now not only is he out, but there is a division within the Rebublican party like we haven't seen in our lifetimes, a bunch of idiotic conspiracy theorists running rampant, and a groundswell of support for Sleepy Joe.

Trump won in 2016 because people wanted anyone but Hillary. Biden won 2020 because people wanted anyone but Trump.

trial153, cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  16. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If Biden was true to his statement of being "the uniter" of a President, his first act as President would have been to pardon President Trump and put an end to these divisive witch hunts.

17. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree with this. Trump did some good but damn he couldn't keep his mouth shut sometimes and just let a fool be fool...

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't see anything today that he said was going to bring unity...he brought race into the picture very fast...

19. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I never advocated for Trump's omnipotence but I have for 4 years and will continue to say he was hands down the better of two bad options. I honestly do not see the US recovering from that election. Neither it's outcome nor the president it's set by showing how corrupted a national election can be. I promise you it will not be so obvious in the upcoming elections.

ChuckC, fletch920, airenlow and 2 others like this.
  20. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Can you point me to some evidence of how the election was corrupt? I fancy myself a rather intelligent person, and I like to be informed on current topics that I'm speaking about. So I've looked around for this quite a bit. I've read articles, read testimonies and claims from a variety of Republican sources, dabbled in a few conspiracy theories even, and have yet to find anything I would call hard, undeniable evidence. There's a few minor anomalies her and there - but nothing that would be unexpected in a country of 330 million people, or that would sway the outcome of the election. There's plenty of speculation and chatter on social media. Lots of "Stop the Steal" posters and signs. But, again, nothing to back any of it up.

I've always felt if you're going to make a claim that bold - one that will inspire people to storm the Capitol building while it is in session - there had better be some damned good evidence to back it up. Hell - I couldn't even get away with writing a research paper in high school without citing credible sources.