We know a lot about Biden, but what about Harris?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just who is she really? In a nutshell, what does she stand for and what will her legacy be? I know she's liberal, but what does she really stand for? Serious question.

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Look at the words she has spoken and her road to power. She stands for her own gains period and racial divide thinking this will elevate and keep her power.

3. Borgy76

Borgy76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Weaseling her way up the financial ladder. They both will do and say anything to appease those really in power.

4. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With respects to ^^^^ and others here. No comment. Somethings are better left unsaid.

5. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I know very little about her. I do know a year ago she said Biden was racist..

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A cunning array of stunts. Switch a few letters around, sure wrong as hell but extended the same courtesy that they would to somebody on the other side. Look what she said to Joe Biden during the debates now they are chums, and nobody calls them on that. Fweedom.

Hotrod9 and Borgy76 like this.
  7. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I heard she wears knee pads 24/7, don’t know what that means tho...

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    She talks and acts like she knows what's better for you than you do yourself.

Cannon06 likes this.
  9. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Like Hillary and Obama. They fought tooth and nail during their campaigns for presidential candidate. When Obama was elected, she became
    Sec'y of State. Forgive and forget?

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If Obama did not place Hilliary in a prominent position he may have committed suicide.

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  11. Borgy76

Borgy76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone heard of any reason or accomplishments b/h have that they were elected, not Trump related?

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not following

13. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lets see... Biden managed to be wrong on most positions his entire political career,BUT managed to make himself and entire family rich.
    Harris managed to put a bunch of mostly blks. in prison for something now legal, BUT also made her self rich
    So to the question...probably not.

14. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I stole this from the other political thread but its worth redistributing. This is who we are dealing with.

63F01B43-1E04-46C4-BC57-36C08BA952F0.jpeg

15. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    The party of unity huh??

Sota likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Unity if you agree with them, how progressive.

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    First off - nobody should ever blindly trust a random photo they found online. Especially one that's a photo of a computer screen. Anyone can make up a saying and put it next to someone's photo. It doesn't make it true.

You can take sentences and words out of context and use them to give the illusion of a belief that the speaker doesn't actually hold. They did this with Trump all the time. Doing it with the Dems doesn't make it any less stupid.

Second - you should really be suspicious if it says "Yes, this person REALLY DID say this!"

Third - I admittedly don't know much about Kamala other than what I saw in the VP debate - which wasn't all that impressive. I personally thought she was a complete b**ch. However, I'm not too big of a person to admit I don't know a whole lot about her past, her positions on the issues, or what she may or may not do in coming years. So, rather than sharing memes and pretending she personally wronged me in some way, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until it's no longer warranted.

PS - unifying the country needs to happen from both sides. You can't simply dig your heels in the sand and say the other people are to blame all the time. Spoiler alert: that never works, and it's how we got to where we're at today.

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Also - coming to this place and asking for details on the Democratic VP that is widely hated by a majority of white Republican males (tip: that's all of us) - is an exercise in futility. You knew the type of answer you were going to get before you even typed the question.

If you really want to find information, there is a whole Internet out there, waiting for you to find it.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately many are in a place where they trust no-one and believe nothing. Not sure I blame them.

oldnotdead and Shocker99 like this.
  20. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Give her too much of the benefit of doubt and kiss your gun rights goodbye. She has a terrible track record for the second amendment. She Doesn't believe lawful citizens should be armed. Its not your right to possess a firearm according to her. Not that i know if you even own a gun or care about that subject. Also i dont see how any person of color or any minority can be behind her. She was a ruthless prosecutor who filled the california penal system with petty offenders. Marijuana offenses, Putting low income parents in jail because their kids were truant etc., considered herself “top cop” and then turned her back on law enforcement all summer long during riots. What a slap in the face to our men in blue. But it served her purpose.

I do stand corrected on sharing that pic. I thought it suspicious too but the disdain i already have for her triggered me to sidestep fact checking it. Stupid ? yes. Although “imo” that quote undoubtedly resonates through her head.

They dont want unity. They want conformity. I had an ex that had the same mentality. Everything was great until you stood your ground.

You want to give benefit of doubt go ahead. But since you admitted to not knowing much about her maybe you should find that internet you speak of thats waiting for you to find it and not grant her that benefit when there is so much at stake. She will most likely be our President.

Cannon06 and oldnotdead like this.