Ritual 30 vs ???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Trevor Yokley, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Trevor Yokley

Trevor Yokley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been shooting a bunch of different bows lately to find the “right” bow for me. I seem to be stuck on wanting to shoot the Ritual 30 but it is hard to find around my area since it’s a couple years old now. Has anyone shot the Ritual 30 with a comparison to some of the newer bows? I have shot the new bowtech guardian, Mathews V3 27, Hoyt Torrex, Bear Divergent EKO, and PSE Carbon Air Stealth Mach 1 as my basis for comparison. I loved the Guradian but I would like to stay a little lower on price if I can. Any suggestions?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bows you listed I have shot the V3 but in 31, shot and tuned the mach 1 and owned the ritual 30 and 33..
    Cant speak for hoyt or the bear.

The V3 will have less feedback post shot, which is to be expected considering it probably has close to a pound more weight. It will also feel longer in draw length as it runs long.
    The ritual 30 is nicer drawing bow in every way, smoother, less stiff and less dump especially if you shoot it at 85% vs 90%.
    I like the mach 1 better than the ritual however it's also in real dollars 2.5x the cost.

You can pick a new or almost new R 30 up for about 500. I think there is a lot of value there. Especially if your primarily a whitetail hunter.

Trevor Yokley likes this.
  3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Vertix, my first Mathews,. I really liked it until I shot the VXR 28. That to me felt even better. So I bought it. I have owned 2 Elites. E32 way back in 2014 and the Impulse 31 a few years ago. Elite to me, make the best all around shooting bow. Not the fastest for sure but light weight and and very smooth. Problem is, every dealer in my 50 mile radius has dropped them. All have the same reason.....poor customer service.. So Elites are a thing of the past in my parts

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Was it you I bought my E32 from? I swear I know it was a board member but cannot for the life of me remember whom LOL

5. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope. I sold mine to a guy in Colorado.

tynimiller likes this.
  6. Trevor Yokley

Trevor Yokley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah if money wasn’t an issue I would have walked out yesterday with the Mach 1. Very nice bow. But you think the Ritual 30 is a little better shooting than the V3? The main reason I’m looking at the Ritual 30 Is that the reviews are good and a lot of guys talk about it drawing smooth and shooting nice. And you can pick one up for around $550ish on ebay

7. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    My opinion, which isn't worth much.
    At the same price I would take a R30 or r33 over the V3. At half the cost I wouldn't give it a second thought. Just me

8. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive had a Ritual 33 for a year now and love the bow(see signature) .. not looking for another right now or anytime soon, but if I was, I'd look at some of the newer Elites - Encore, Remedy, Rezult, etc. something that has the new SET tuning system ... btw, I dont care for the super short bows, the 33 is as short as Id ever want to go.. I have a full 30" draw, and the shorties wont work for me as I'd like .. a longer A to A is more stable, and the Remedy (34") would be a great bow with adequate speed ... however, the prices ranges might be out of your range, unless you find a 2020 Kure as the 2021's are already coming out ....

9. Trevor Yokley

Trevor Yokley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you had any issues with your 33? Or any issues with elite as whole? I’ve heard a lot of guys talk about their customer service as not being the best but that it’s starting to turn around. Are parts hard to get? I will definitely be on the lookout for the Kure to start dropping in price once the 21’s are out

10. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    All the dealers here said that getting parts and things was a problem...

11. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    I have always had excellent CS from Elite. One of the few bow companies that will actually communicate with a individual vs a just a shop. Furthermore part are easily obtainable.
    I have owned about 20 of them that I can think of off hand, and tuned quite a few as well. The only time I needed CS for myself was for things I messed up.
    I had one bow that wasn't making weight and they shipped me higher deflection limbs and shipping label to ship the old ones back. Cant beat that.

12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I never needed CS with my two bows. They were flawless.. Elite bows are one of the best. I loved both of mine. Kind of wish I held on to my Impulse 31...but So far I am liking my VXR 28

13. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The 33 is my first Elite, it was easy to tune, I have a press and now a draw board, that helps.... it shoots very good and I get good speeds (see sig) .. I believe the new 'set' system is the cats meow .. a buddy has a Kure, it was almost too simplistic to tune .. no press, no shimming, no twisting yokes(dosnt have any) needed ... very quiet and accurate .... Bowtechs tuning system is very nice also .. as for Elite CS, dont know, as I havnt had any problems with mine so I have not needed CS .... been Bowhunting 33yrs, shooting 3D and spots for half that time, the 33 impresses me as does my buddy's Kure ...... Elite has a good line up from last year and '19, and better for '21 .... btw, CS issues as of late could be Covid related or getting parts in from elsewhere ..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've discovered most CS issues are either someone in CS having a terrible day or the person contacting them having unrealistic expectations of what CS can and/or should do.

15. Trevor Yokley

Trevor Yokley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So my draw Length is 29.5”. If I buy a Ritual 30 with a 29” draw length will I be alright with the string loop?

16. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    my elites were dead on. 27" draw with a loop

17. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you considered Prime bows? There shooters for sure, you can get them for a good price, had many over the years and can’t get rid of my Centergy.

BB1 likes this.