Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So many people fall off the wagon during the holidays. But I heard it said once, "That its not what we do between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but what we do between Christmas and Thanksgiving!". Very true words!

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

cantexian and wl704 like this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You are absolutely right. I don’t normally fall of the wagon as much as I did this year. But, I took it easy for a month after the ladder fall and taking extra vacation time for Christmas.

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lost another 5 #'s since the 31st. Got my much anticipated blood work back.
    So everyone was so concerned about my going Keto, other than my Dr.
    Oh bad fats and cheeses, So I did have a nagging in the back of my mind. 6mos. in and heres what happened
    1. Cholesterol went up 10 pts and hovers around 200
    2.HDL Went from 60 to 76 good
    3.LDL went from 117 to 120 not bad
    4. Triglycerides went from 78 down to 58 fantastic

Kidney ,liver, and blood sugar all NORMAL. NO more insulin resistance Awesome, that's what got me on this diet.
    He underlined 3 times NO need for cholesterol meds.
    Still on BP meds though that was pretty good as well. Personally the fact I never sleep more than 4-5 hours a day for ...pretty much ever and my personality, it's expected.
    So much for the fear

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Westfinger and pastorjim08 like this.
  4. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Deadlifted for the first time today after falling off the ladder on Thanksgiving. I did six sets of 8 reps with the trap bar going 145, 195, 195, 235, 235, 235. I should be much stronger but, I played it safe since I hadn't deadlifted in over a month.

Westfinger, pastorjim08 and wl704 like this.
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well done. Don't short your sleep though. Body needs to heal/maintenance muscles and mind while you sleep.

oldnotdead likes this.
  6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I wish but this has been a life long issue, my son unfortunately has the same issue. Mine started with a nightly reoccurring nightmare I started having at age 6. That nightmare lasted until was 14 but the sleep issue never stopped. Though it is a internal clock thing. Our son has had the issue since he was three. After my kids were born it got worse, litterally no sleep for 2-3 days straight. A few times in my life it's swung the other way ,where no one could wake me for 2-3 days. I've taken a few trips to the hospital due to loved ones being frieghtened, just to find nothing "wrong" That's more annoying than not sleeping..lol
    Makes getting up to hunt easy though lol.

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    So down 10#'s since Dr. visit. Now I'm getting into some issues. I no longer have any clothes that fit. Bought some inexpensive jeans but now they are too big, won't discuss the whole undergarment issue. I tried on a dress winter coat,took 15 mins to get hubby to stop laughing. That will be remedied when he gets the new clothes bill. I saved a bunch of " here's to hoping clothes" from years ago.....better but still too big.
    Now all that said, the real problem is I still have a lot more to loose to hit next goal, so cheap me won't shop.
    I'll just stay home...lol and put up with my kids referring to me as...the bag lady
    Ps
    Lesson learned, beware shaking your head at larger people in tights too small. Because smaller people in tights too big...not attractive...hahahaha

8. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    When I was in the midst of my weight loss six years ago, I faced the same issue. I ended up buying all my clothes at goodwill. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes that I wouldn't be wearing very long. It's a good problem to have though. Congrats on your success so far!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

virginiashadow and oldnotdead like this.
  9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    They've actualy closed all the good will type stores around us. Go figure during Covid when needed.

10. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still running 9-15 miles per week just don’t post on here about it. I haven’t been very active on the forum since deer season is over. My knees have been bothering me, so tonight, I loaded my frame backpack with 50lbs, 8/10 on incline, 2.8mph, 50 mins. My knees feel a lot better, and honestly, it’s probably better for losing weight than when I’m running and HR is up around 155-170 the whole time.

Westfinger and virginiashadow like this.
  11. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still running 9-15 miles per week just don’t post on here about it. I haven’t been very active on the forum since deer season is over. My knees have been bothering me, so tonight, I loaded my frame backpack with 50lbs, 8/10 on incline, 2.8mph, 50 mins. My knees feel a lot better, and honestly, it’s probably better for losing weight than when I’m running and HR is up around 155-170 the whole time.

pastorjim08 and oldnotdead like this.
  12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I have to laugh our daughter came over for a visit, gifts in tow. She bought me a bunch of tights and leggings with several shirts she picked up. HOW GENEROUS! She said these will help the in between size problem and keep you from looking like a bag lady. I've apparently dropped 2 1/2 sizes. Well she , hubby and I were very pleased with the look. I could really see the difference for the first time.

13. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Today's workout:

Circuit 1: 30 second plank, 5 pull ups, 5 push ups x 5 rounds

Circuit 2: KB Squats w/35lbs alternating 2 minutes of rowing between sets of squats 20 reps, 30 reps, 40 reps, 50 reps

Circuit 3: KB Swings w/35lbs alternating 2 minutes of rowing between sets of swings 50 reps, 40 reps, 30 reps, 20 reps.

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Three days of shoveling a 300ft 2 car drive way. Today I added a 200ft 4 ft wide path to the equipment barn. Then a ft. of snow off that roof.
    So 4 hrs worth of cardo and upper body weights.

Westfinger, pastorjim08 and cantexian like this.
  15. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been posting much on this thread but I've really been cranking up the workouts the last few weeks. Today it was a five mile run, 10 mile bike ride, and 200 sit-ups. My old legs are feeling it tonight. Lately the more I do, the more I want to do. I hope everyone else is getting after it.

Westfinger, wl704 and oldnotdead like this.
  16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I should clarify the above, each day the drive was shoveled clean. It wasn't three days of shoveling to get it done. Also it was 4 hrs each day.

17. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    That's à whole lotta shoveling m'lady. Good work!

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I figured hubby was so happy that after fixing his lunch I'd go out and shovel a path to his truck then around the truck so he could clean it off,I might as well do it all. I can't clean his truck because it's too dang tall!

19. SammyFLS

SammyFLS Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have never managed to keep working out more than a month. I see the results, I like the way I feel, but the laziness kicks in, and it's done.

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    That's why I like the physcical labor I do. It's cardio,weight lifting and stamina that shows results. This in at least, a finished product if not clearly on a physical view is seen right away.
    Sometimes waiting for visible results takes too long and bordem sets in for some.