Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, they have stated they will add 2 additional blue states to secure electoral college votes, pack the SCOTUS with at least 4 more liberal judges. These were threats made duting SCOTUS appointments. Trump never changed a thing as far as that goes. Even had Garland been approved you would still have a 5-4 Rep./Dem. Appointed judges. I won't say it is a conservative majority because we have already seen they do not rule in favor of the party that appointed them.

Those two things alone would most certainly achieve a 1 party rule.

We'll all find out together over the next 2 years just how serious they were with their threats, we'll also find out if there are any true DINO's in office or if everything they ever wanted will be ours.

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just chuckling out loud, but could you imagine if Trump switched parties in 2024 and ran on the Dem. ticket? :lol:

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Want to know what our only option is? READ THEIR PLAY BOOK. Run Two each election a republican and a Dino. Give credit where it's due they have been out playing Republicans for decades. Snipers without guns, going in under cover of darkness and picking true republicans off one at a time throughout the government.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nor should they.

picman, cantexian, Germ and 1 other person like this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I whole heartedly agree and have stated such within this thread. As long as they follow the Constitution and intrrpret the laws as intended I am fine with however they rule, be it in my wishes or not.

6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen so many people say that I should expect to start paying for people who we haven't already been... But again. What does that mean for me and my every day life? I assume the thought is that my taxes are going to be raised significantly to go to places/people I don't want it to go to (people who don't give a rats ass and live off the system)?

Would any change be significant enough for any of us to really realize it on our paychecks?

7. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You're ask8ng questions that cannot be answered as they have not taken office. I guarantee they are already writing their wishlist legislation. We'll all find out together just how much of it Schumer, Pelosi and Biden allow to make it through, then depending on what it is what SCOTUS allows to remain.

As far as affecting you monetarily, that all gets determined within the legislation itself. Your paycheck may not get smaller, but it may not get you as much as you are used to.

Let's look back on it in 2 years.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hell, we were supposed to have been in a nuclear world war III already, that didn't happen, so maybe none of what is feared now will. I would have rathered never finding out.

10. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think this will happen because Biden won't hold the office for long. He can't.

Surely those of you who lean left but still have common sense can see that he is simply not up to the task. He can't even utter a single coherent sentence. I don't say that to be mean. It's a shame anyone has to endure that.

What I see happening is he will resign (or Pelosi and company will have him removed because he is unfit) and then we'll have President Harris, and I don't see her moving to the "middle" at all.

11. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I'm trying to be optimistic about everything. All of my Republican friends/family are doom and gloom. This country is done for now that Biden is elected, etc, etc, etc.

May God help us with any future challenges we may face.

12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They all do it for self-preservation.

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It was the same doom and gloom in 2008 and 2016 by both. What I have learned is the country is bigger than 1 person.

MnHunterr likes this.
  14. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I suspect that one of they first things they will do that is going to hurt is change the income tax brackets, either back to what they were before Trump's tax overhaul or even higher. If that happens you'll notice it on your paycheck, and you'll definitely notice come tax time in 2022.

That's just me guessing, of course.

oldnotdead, Hotrod9 and MnHunterr like this.
  15. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    We can only hope.

16. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The real issue isn't who's in the big office for 4 or 8 years.

It's the life time "representatives" and lobbyists that are the actual problem.
    "Just bide our time. They'll be gone soon and we can get back to doing what we want to do!"

17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Taxes will go up, count on that. Doesn't matter which party holds sway, all they can do is spend what our grandchildren do not have. As long as the politicians on both sides think we can borrow our way into prosperity, this will remain true. Neither side is willing to give up their spending on party line issues because that buys the votes among the unthinking masses that vote for R or D because they always have.

18. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It means that it’s time to start digging some holes out in the woods to hide your money and guns in. PVC pipe is cheap, waterproof, and durable plus you can dig holes for it quickly and discreetly using a post hole digger. I would glue the end caps on instead of using threaded fittings as those can leak plus you will be less tempted to revisit your hiding spots prematurely if they are single use. Also threaded fittings for the 4” and larger size pipes you will likely be using require a big wrench to open if they’re tightened enough to be waterproof but all it takes to cut into pvc is a 3 foot long piece of masons twine or parachute cord and a little friction which is a lot easier to transport into the woods discreetly than a 2 foot long pipe wrench

19. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.

Why should I be hiding money and guns underground?

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: