Nebraska Archer - Looking to become a better hunter

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Finnz922, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Finnz922

Finnz922 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello All,

My name is David. I'm 37, married to a beautiful woman of 10 years, and a father of two wonderful girls, ages 1 and 4. I starting bowhunting in 2007 and hunted hard but not very successful for the next 5 years. I then didn't hunt until 2018 because it is so hard to hunt private in Nebraska and unfortunately believed the negative hype about public land. I have hunted seldomly over the past 3 years and have scouted even less because I was finishing my overdue college education.

Now that I am finished with school and have a couple of daughters whom I want to grow up in the outdoors. I need to up my game to put meat on the table, maybe a few mounts on the wall, and the confidence that I am teaching my daughters properly.

I am most interested in understanding shot mechanics, important land features, stand placement, and everything from field dressing to processing my own meat.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome David
    Many on here would love to assist you in becoming proficient. Best approach is to just start reading the Archives and asking questions. There is a lot to unpack but we enjoy helping

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I second Fix's motion. Welcome.