Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is what happens when there is no standard. Votes coming in left and right and people making extensions. Its an extension of our country's new moto, "thee who is a whining baby and claims victim status is beloved". Make a damn standard and stick with it. If your state says at XYZ no ballots are to be counted then follow that. But no, we have people doing whatever the hell they want. This should be a federal standard since it is a federal election. Get your damn votes in by Nov blah blah by blah blah or they aren't counted. Ok victim status whiners?

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I totally agree, and this same standard should have been in use with Covid. Federal problems should have a federal response, not state by state. It's the patchwork, hopscotch restrictions that let it get away on us, big time.

3. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't trust tweets that are made at two forty in the morning. :lol:

5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  8. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We would do even better to make their salaries performance based... Screenshot_20201209-083747_Instagram.jpg

9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And if we took away their salaries permanently and made being a member of congress a volunteer position as it was at the founding of the country, then, made the bribing of and receiving a bribe for an elected official, a crime of treason and subject to capital punishment, we would fix this country by the weekend.

10. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only wear a damn mask to go into businesses that require them other than that, nope, not in my truck, not at work, not when I go for a run, not in my house ... as for the vaccine, as I stated in the virus thread, nope, I'll wait and see how many drop dead from the vaccine, turn into zombies or react negatively to it ... never had a 'flu' shot, and I trust my own body more than this vaccine ... I dont fly, I dont ride on trains, I dont go on buses nor use any public transportation of any type.. I have no need to go into federal buildings/courthouses, etc. so I dont care if they require a vaccination card ... IF, and that is a big IF I decide to get it, it will be waaaay down the line after the millions already have done so and I see what the true results are ....

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Make them use campaign donations for their next 4 year salary and they get the losers donations too. I can guarantee all those idiotic mudslinging commercials will go away and you'll see bipartisanship on a scale like you've never seen.

arrowflinger1, early in, Fix and 2 others like this.
  12. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

[​IMG]

Okiebob likes this.
  13. Garrett Godlewski

Garrett Godlewski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mod-it, GregH, oldnotdead and 4 others like this.
  14. Garrett Godlewski

Garrett Godlewski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/12/09/gov-tom-wolf-tests-positive-coronavirus/ BREAKING NEWS, our idiotic governor just tested positive. HMMM..... The timeline adds up pretty perfect back to Thanksgiving... so while everyone was told to not spend the holiday with their family, these dictators are off having a grand old time, not paying any attention to their own guidelines. Of course, no one knows where he got it from yet but either way. Or maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe he did follow all of his guidelines, wore a mask 24/7, didn't gather with people outside his household, and maintained social distance. Maybe even after all of those precautions, he was just unlucky because this virus is SO contagious.. if that's the case then that shows that these restrictions do nothing and are all a power grab... which one is it?:whip:

oldnotdead, Suncrest08 and Sota like this.
  15. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Texas

In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "castle doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

Now listen to what she has to say...

"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."

Meza was quick to reassure that her bill "would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.

Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance will reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

GregH and arrowflinger1 like this.
  16. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow is all I got.....

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Omg that is the craziest thing I have read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

picman and GregH like this.
  18. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A room temperature IQ that holds an important public office. That is unreal....
    bag.jpg

cantexian, picman, GregH and 3 others like this.
  19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now, I'd expect that in CA, NY and a few other states, but TX. Smh.

20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have a source for the quotes?

I kniw the bill is real, I'm trying to find the source of the quotes about a thief only having a weapon for self defense.

Someone shared it on facebook and I have been searching for it