Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter when asked when she was having another replied would you bring another child into this world?, sadly she is right.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Keep your stick on the ice. All you can do.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just got paged and was told to call HR. Cov8d coordinator had to let me know I have been exposed, for 10 straight hours yesterday. Couldn't confirm or deny who it was due to HIPPA but it is pretty obvious.

I've been placed on their Covid asymptomatic list and will have my temperature monitored regulary through Nov. 30th while at work.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sure I know something they don't, that everyone here at work that wears a mask doesn't wear it properly if they have it on at all.

To another point, would you say that more people currently wear masks and take more precautions now than they did back in February through April/May?

Shouldn't the cases be a lot lower now with most public places having social distancing and/or mask requirements and people at least doing more as far as handwashing

Where is the mask working? That's a serious question.

And just an FYI, as soon as I learned of the possible exposure this morning I put on a mask and have been wearing it, as properly as I can, the entire day.

Maybe you holier than thou types are the problem thinking you can't spread it because you listen to your Democrat officials and political scientists.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I hear another liberal say science I may just melt down, not because we disagree politically just because of you know science, like it is a wild card you can play.

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    oh the HORROR

8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    when "they" are this much "greater" than you or I; then yes, yes it is for the Greater Good.

upload_2020-11-19_16-22-14.png

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  10. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Statewide curfew for Ohio... interesting.

11. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I’m driving to a job in Ohio right now. Had no idea they were enacting a curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure it is filled with exemptions and loopholes and only hurts those who are stuck at home anyway :lol:

cantexian, airenlow and axtell343 like this.
  13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Apparently it's not at the mayo clinic.

If I remember my memes correctly, it keeps you from peeing on somebody else's leg, or something like that...

Hope you're spared. Better up your antifreeze intake so you can pass your temp checks... I think something at least 90 proof should do...but I'm not a doctor.

I've said it to some from early on... It's a virus, it's aspirated, and can stay airborn for hours... Central hvac systems do what? Swirl the air about the (office, home, retail) petri dish(es)...

Also like viruses, surface contamination, people dinking about with their masks cross contaminating surfaces...

Stay well man.

cantexian and virginiashadow like this.
  14. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Luckily I am somewhat of an alcoholic :lol: I like 7 & 7's so it's mixed, not a shot and I believe 80 proof.

If anything gets me it will be this one, I've been in close proximity to others who later tested positive, but they may not have been able to spread as easily at the time or I wasn't unfortunate enough to be close enough when it mattered. This guy I was literally 3 feet or less for 10 hours, he kept going on with these little short coughs, almost the type one would get while hitting on a joint. Not an all out cough, but a small cough that would initiate one or two other small coughs and then stop. Not that my high school years taught me that anology :lol:

This one, he somehow tested positive today which leads me to believe he had previously been tested and came to work anyway, possibly tested as a result of his mothers testing? I don't know but it has me somewhat pissed off because contrary to what some on here may believe, I do take my precautions to limit my exposure albeit not in the same manner my political know bests see deemed as best fit to suit me.

I learned about it this morning actually. He works night shift and came in yesterday and was supposed to be there today for training. He wasn't there when I clocked in so I figured his hours were all messed up going from nights to days on short notice, called my supervisor and said I guess so and so isn't going to be in today? His response was so you heard about it? I was like about what, I figured he overslept or couldn't sleep. He said no, his mom tested positive so he is out until he gets tested and results. His mom was in the parking lot Tuesday morning to pick him up, so I knew he was going to be positive, still want to know when he was tested and how he could have possibly gotten 12-15 hour test results here if he just got tested.

Only thing i know is it is going to be a 50/50 and 50/50 thing. I'm either going to get it or I am not going to get it and it will either kill me or it won't.

We'll all find out together. I do know that my work isn't concerned because I have to go in for 2 8 hour OT days tomorrow and Saturday. Going to find a way to get tested either tomorrow or Saturday and I will do so on the clock. Have heard it takes 24-48 hours from time of exposure to get a conclusive test result.

Crazy chit, but it is 2020

cantexian, axtell343 and wl704 like this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Also forgot to mention.

I basically work in large Morton buildings, no real recirculation, have some exhaust vents and newly installed bets called keep the heat. Supposed to evacuate the air and replace it with fresh while having enough tubing and such to bring in the coldest of air and have it acclimated to building temp by the time it exits the tubing. They have enough in my building 100 by 150 feet or so to treat a football sized building, but it is plumbed as such to have so much CFM it can't acclimate and either heats or cools depending on season.

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's been 72hrs for my wife's, daughter's and son's tests.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are you referring to getting results back?

My timeline was from what I have heard it takes to be positive from the time of exposure. If I was exposed on Tuesday it would likely take until Thursday for a conclusive yes or no result, too early and you could get a negative and next day be positive without knowing it. 72 hours with a test and no symptoms you're pretty much in the clear.

19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like it was recommended 3-5 days for the "wait time before being tested", and symptoms may take a week. 72hrs for test results back.

cls74 likes this.
  20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    that's a great album. Like GREAT album. Wonder whatever happened to them.
    That song is about Jow Biden, though.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    virginiashadow likes this.