Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So not sure of your point here. I was just letting you know I am a serious person so FOX told me not to take Tucker seriously, so I can't watch.

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    missed that part...just poured first cup of coffee.
    Fox has completely deep sixed since Paul Ryan become a member of the executive board. Predictably.

Tucker, Pirro, and Mark Levin are the only things worth watching on the network anymore.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    wl704 likes this.
  4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our county is ridiculous and cannot follow same rules for everyone. Granted, I do work in the EMS field - but we are small.

Seven of my employees (only have 39) have tested positive. Noone is told to quarantine unless we show signs/symptoms. Each employee can return to work on day 11 after symptoms appear or after a positive test.

Everyone else is told to quarantine for 14 days - or don't come back for 14 days, etc. Nope - not us.

airenlow likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So yesterday heart skipped a beat, grandson got sent home from daycare. I found out when I was driving down the driveway at the farm passed the son in law and he told me they were headed to get him tested. I was happy and excited to cut up a deer instead it was filled with dread. He took the rapid test and was negative thank god.

early in and DeadeyeDick like this.
  6. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The one hit wonder Eddie Grant. I remember how much I liked that song when it came out.

Okiebob and Sota like this.
  7. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just heard that Morris(Illinois) Hospital is at full capacity. They had to cancel some procedures that would have needed overnight stays due to lack of beds.

8. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard that some areas have so many new cases that they've just given up trying to get everyone tested that asks for one. They simply can't keep up.
    When I had it I was told to isolate for 10 days from when the symptoms first appeared. After that 10 days, AND as long as I didn't still have symptoms, I was fine to end isolation. If you still have symptoms after 10 days, then you shouldn't go out into the public until 24 hours after symptoms have gone away "without the help of medicine".

9. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! It's no wonder this virus is where it is. Every single doctor (many) I've heard discuss this virus says the exact opposite. Maybe you know something they don't?

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Funny the song reminded me of the hot crazy girlfriend I had when the song was playing on the radio. Good thing that was a catch and release she has been married 3 times.

Mod-it likes this.
  11. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nope! They just went to a rapid test this week...it's still nasal, but not brain scratching. :poke:

12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is getting real old

Okiebob and Sota like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We have a positive at work, first one. I am out of the office I get tested tomorrow, symptom free but getting tested, wife getting tested. Time to cut more buck thorn and trim venison.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is like being an 18 year old when the aids virus came out, people afraid to have sex with strangers.

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

16. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is my own believe but I think the new "Pause" is going to kill a lot of people under the age of 50 in MN. As an under 35, knowing the risk of covid to my age group. I would have willingly and knowingly got the virus over the fall to be able to coach youth hockey or basketball or whatever if it were able to prevent a suicide of a youth that we know is going to happen in the next 4 weeks.

Is this really for the greater good at this point?

dnoodles and Sota like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Am I wrong to look at this whole crises and panic and think this is evolution people, Darwin talked about it but society has tried to eliminate evolution, survival of the fittest. That being said a 97% recovery rate seems ok until there is a possibility that your grandson gets covid.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wait you would willingly get covid so you could deal with hockey parents as a coach? I coached football and basketball and was president of youth football association, at times it sucked and it sucked for my wife that worked in the school that had nothing to do with youth football but at least I could say I do not have to deal with the BS a hockey coach in Minnesota has to deal with. Hats off to you Hotrod

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you went on a camping trip and woke up chained to a tree with vasoline all over your azz would you tell anybody?

20. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Disclaimer, I sharpen hockey skates out of my garage. I really don't make a profit but I do it so kids can have confidence that they will be able to skate versus them taking them to the big box store and killing their blades

I also I'm not kidding about the kids committing suicide in the next 4 weeks. My neighbor's son committed suicide in the house across the street from me 3 years ago. I was home the whole time, if I could do anything to give these kids an ounce of normalcy in the next 4 weeks to prevent one more from happening, knowing the risk I'd wade through the covid ward at the local hospital to be on the ice or on the court or play a game of cards in a couple weeks with them and not have to see families and communities go through that. I'll skip thanksgiving, wont see my parents, grandparents, I wont carol at the nursing home.

We have reached lunacy!

I get people are scared of the virus, to a small extent I am too, not for myself or kids but for the elderly. I am more scared of the impact this will have on our children. In Minnesota the next 4 weeks is going to be big and it's not going to be good!