The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ya hubby sa.e the pain was bad enough he quit both.....start drinking a tablespoon of Bragg vinegar... Wash it down well water to avoid tooth or troat issues. Google goyt on you tube lots of good info and prevention. GOOD LUCK!

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just to check account. And anything else I order online I never make a account to website or save any info. But went this morning and talked to bank and they're looking into it. But who know cause couldn't go to main place because of the corona crap.
    Unfortunately i use mine alot, bit rarely use atm's and never pay at the pump for gas.The only thing I can think is Friday I ordered Christmas gift off a site never use, esty, and next day was looking at shipping stuff and had to log in. And used the little sign in with google thing on that. Also little while after that was on phone and searched something on google and wouldn't let me until see searches until checked one of those "I'm not a robot" boxes.

But who knows, doubt it works that fast. And they may have had it for while. I know it started Saturday with a charge to "wish" for a dollar. Guessing see if it'd go through. Luckily for me i don't keep alot of money in checking account. Just enough to pay the bills for the month that come out automatically.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You hit a squirrel from 85 yards!!! Damn son that's impressive.

4. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

With a 300 win mag that’s baby s??t!,

opossumhunterNC and dnoodles like this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry not sure how I missed that. I assumed bow

6. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Ahhh banks are a pain in the ass. So now according to my bank cant do anything until charges come in then they will dispute them. She said "well technically the money isn't gone," so I said ok then why can I only spend the 13 bucks that's left because everything is "pending" she said well that's just how it works. Yea thanks lady. So now I just gotta sit here until they deny every charge or until pay check hits. Either way be end of week. Good thing checking account isnt all I got to depend on.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  7. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

More details bob. That sounds awesome!!

8. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wish.... pretty sure that bonerville fellow from a couple years ago was the only one on here who could hit squirrels from 85 yds with a bow.

GregH and Fix like this.
  9. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Around here we call those people Butlers

10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats way too fancy for the likes of me.

opossumhunterNC likes this.
  11. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My card has been "compromised" three different times. Usually it is from using it at a normal place. Two of mine were from the same local privately owned grocery, and the other one was URM. The bank told me that smaller places usually don't have very robust cyber security and hackers get card numbers by hacking into their systems.
    So, imagine a thieving little hacker sitting and looking at a list of credit card numbers. They don't know which ones are still valid, so they often go to a site...such as Wish...and start entering numbers to test if they go through. The first little charge was their test run, very common. Charges jump a lot higher after they discover a valid card.
    Once it's over I'd recommend a different bank. I'm using a small credit union, but they pay a 3rd party company to monitor for things like this. The first time my card was compromised the thief got away with the first $1 exploratory charge and they caught it and deactivated the card. The second and third time they refused payment on the very first exploratory charge.
    I will say that they suspected the charges were fraudulent due to the location being several states away. If the hacker/thief is in your general location they're probably not going to detect it very quickly.
    Every single time my card was compromised the fraudulent charges were in California. (Big surprise).

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  12. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^ Yup.... I got hacked a couple months back. They got about $4800 in $200-$250 increments overnight before my Credit Union shut down the card. They were using a payment app called Cash App, which I have never used, to presumably send themselves money to a fake acct or something..... Dunno, major PITA... BUT my bank had the funds back into my acct within 24hrs, getting a new debit card however took much longer.

This thief was also in Cali

13. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea like said it's hard to say when it actually got stolen. And yea the charges are from some mobile game and a auction site. Lady was asked few times if I was sure it wasn't me. That got annoying. But idk with this being a pain so far and depending on how long it takes, or if, get money sorted I might be moving to something else. I convenience of being able to walk into a bank and talk to someone vs over the phone is almost not worth it. And this bank has changed hands in last few years and they're a mf'er for doin anything anymore.

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Size of bank really shouldn't be a concern, pos rules are a mix of owned interchanges (visa, mastercard, Amex, or networks) and card issuer. Location/proximity are part of the typical fraud rules, but there are others that include particular merchant types, amounts, time of day, day of week, etc. Though I have worked at one very large bank that has a crazy impressive set of rules (10s of thousands) they run at 'card swipe'... (sla was less than half second to run all the rules).

There are other fraud techniques used now, where no card, except card in hand (somewhat) and 'chip and pin', are really safe. Without divulging details... Stick with credit cards or nested protections like PayPal and a credit card...

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In the past I may have casually mentioned that I am anti craft beer, I won't go into the specifics but I think it has gone too damn far. Available in December, Waffle House bacon infused beer. Just stop.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bacon beer... With out without waffle house..

Filed in the category of 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should'

dnoodles and Sota like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Love my neighbor but the snow has not all melted and he is running his zero turn sucking up leaves, the wind is going to switch and the leaves are going to blow. R E L A X

18. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was young and already drunk once, and pounded a couple "bacon beers" to end the night.
    Sick as a dog the following day. Couldn't eat bacon for months after.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not worth the risk for me. Anything compromising my ability to eat bacon is null and void on mention.

20. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I rarely watch hunting shows however, sitting on the couch tonight and ordering some hunting and ATV supplies...I put on a show called Whitetail Explorer - Ten Point Action (9/29/20). Maybe the hunter was Stan Potts as stated on the info (I'm guessing that is correct).

He makes a statement almost exactly to this. "I want that big buck to be at least 50 yards before I take that shot. I know these 10pt crossbows can shoot them farther but, I want him no longer than 50." It's #$%^ like that which provide a misguided education to the inexperienced hunters...who now think....good enough for TV....good enough for me....the push limits on all their shots. I'm not telling someone what their limit should or should not be however, I wish TV hunters would be aware of the words they use. Ex. I'm willing and able to shoot to 50 yards. You will notice however, I am using a tripod rest which ensures I am level and stable for a long shot like this. Unless you practice constantly at this yardage, keep your shots to 30 or less.

SIDE NOTE: He shot the buck at 52 yards...broke his own yard limit. :)

While I am at it. Why do hunters who ride an ATV to their blind or get dropped off at their blind and picked up wear head-to-toe camo???

Rant over.