$100 Climbing Treestand Review and Demo

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by MountainBuck, Nov 16, 2020.

1. MountainBuck

MountainBuck Newb

Dislikes Received:

I review and demo the cheapest climbing treestand on the market today. This video shows you everything you need in order to make an informed decision before you purchase. The Field and Stream Stealth II Climber Tree Stand is a steel tree stand that costs only $100 from ****’s Sporting Goods from one of their flash sales. The regular price is $199 (and it was a 50% off sale), so sign up for their emails and get those flash sales! It's a solid, no-frills, budget climbing treestand from Field & Stream.

I would buy the Summit backpack straps and tether bungee for $22 on Amazon to upgrade the backpack straps and tether rope that come standard with this treestand. Here is the link to the Summit backpack straps and tether bungee: https://amzn.to/38WnhxM

Field & Stream Stealth II Climber Treestand: https://www.****ssportinggoods.com/...and-19fnsufsstlthclmbtsb/19fnsufsstlthclmbtsb

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    this looks identical to 16# aluminum X-Stand avail on Sportsman's Guide regularly available for $159 and free shipping.

I love that stand. It's literally my new favorite mobile set up. Huge for 16# and I wear my saddle and use my bridge as the safety harness. Can lounge in the seat as normal or flip around and rest your butt on the bar. Best of both worlds. It's great as just a climber too but with both...damn.

I added Summit stirrups and it's the cats ass.

Wop 75 and MountainBuck like this.
  3. MountainBuck

MountainBuck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That’s an interesting setup! I’ve been wanting to look into saddle hunting. Maybe I’ll try that out!

4. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought that x-stand and it is the bee’s knees. Have a steel climber that weighed 20+ and upgraded to the x-stand climber. Couldn’t be happier

dnoodles likes this.
  5. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Buy some aftermarket back pack straps and the Summit stirrups. My favorite stand now, and I bought it completely on a whim to hunt in the middle of a temporary work travel detail with the intent to sell it at the end of the season before I flew home. I liked it so much I ended up checking it as baggage on my return flight and it has since relegated my LW hand climber to the garage and my XOP sit and climb to a craigslist sale.

6. MountainBuck

MountainBuck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’ll have to check the x-stand out. Sounds like you guys really like it!

7. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Strong statement putting the LW on the bench!

8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

It needs a little upgrading- primarily stirrups and added backpack straps. But after that it is really nice, especially for the money. I kept the original backpack straps for tethering the top and bottom on the climb and then as stabilizers once you're up. But they are garbage as actual pack straps.

$200 TYD. :)

The LW is still a great stand but as I age putting all 225# on my elbows and forearms as I hump up the tree was getting to be a bit much. Plus I smashed my elbow a couple years back with some ulnar nerve damage and if I put enough pressure on it my hand goes numb. Sometimes for hours. One of these days that happens and it might be permanent. So it was time to find another option.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  9. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Someone should jump on that price! I actually have 3 LW climbers as well as 3 LW hang-ons and 1 XOP hang-on. Need to pick up another hang-on for next year as I'm experimenting with another setup. Not sure if I will go with XOP evolution or LW yet. Can score a XOP evolution for 199. Which seems like a decent deal.