Team #11 The Booner Brigade

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by cantexian, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Bullridnfool

Bullridnfool Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Just remember bucks are great but does win the competition. Ill hopefully be with a new baby this week. And be home first two weeks of nov. Already worked a deal with wife if i do night shift i can hunt too.

cantexian and bowhunter448 like this.
  2. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think everyone that has a buck and can harvest a doe has. I think we have had max contributions so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Bullridnfool likes this.
  3. Bullridnfool

Dislikes Received:
    :bow::whip:

4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Everything about that buck spell "stud".
    That dark forehead patch is a telling example of a buck in his prime.

5. 802bowlife

802bowlife Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did some scouting with the first born yesterday afternoon and got into some decent buck sign - love these hunts and her continued growing interest.
    378B8DF9-8FE3-4974-899C-5CB7A2375C1D.jpeg

6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, we are off to an excellent start, we are back in first place with 717 2/8 after @buckeyehntr5 killed his buck this weekend. This is before @Johnny Miller has added his buck to the scorecard, hopefully, he will get that done soon. There are 11 guys on the team and so far only five guys have killed on the score card. It will be six after John's buck gets added. Congrats to @Bullridnfool and @buckeyehntr5 for joining the 200 point club in the contest. Don't forget, does are just as important to winning the contest as big bucks. I will be killing the first doe I get in range during shooting light. I almost got that done Saturday morning. Let's keep rolling guys, the best deer hunting time of the year is about to be on us.

I was at full drawn on a 100" 8 point Saturday morning at 27 yards but he stay behind trees and did not step into a clear shooting lane. That is a decent public land buck in Arkansas. I also had a doe right underneath me just before shooting light. She was sniffing my climbing sticks. Unfortunately, she wandered off before it was light enough for a good shot on her. I saw six deer, all in range. The other four were not legal bucks. The movement was awesome and I am really surprised the little bucks never bumped a doe to me to take. That was only my second sit of the season. The spot I was in is only going to get better in the next few weeks.

7. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Really hoping the pre-rut gets these guys on their feet during daylight! All my pics for the last month have been at night.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

8. bloodrunner13

bloodrunner13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    @buckeyehntr5 dude that thing is a stud!!!!! Congrats to you man, Im coming to ohio in 11 days, can you point me in the right direction :lol:

9. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
  10. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Not on the team thread. If you click on their names, it will tell you the last time they were on the forum.

11. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    802bowlife likes this.
  12. Bullridnfool

Dislikes Received:
    Have yo pmed him? Kinda friendly reminder?

13. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I can.

14. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    If haven't already done it, let me know and I will handle it. It should come from me as team Captain. If you have no big deal. The BHOD guys all seem to be great guys, but we do not want make the contest an annoying experience for them. Participation in the contest is not required of just because they are apart of the BHOD crew. Some participate and some do not. Like all of the form members here, some are more active than others. We want the contest experience to be for them want they want it to be, and, most importantly a positive one so that they will continue to do it in the future.

15. Bullridnfool

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with it all adam. My thing is it is voluntary and you choose to participate. Therefore just like anyone else we would send a friendly reminder that you have to have two pictures and score sheet to post. I get everyone is busy, but if you sign up for the contest you should participate in atleast posting your kills. Im really not trying to be mean or annoying. Just voicing my opinion.

Side note my hunting this weekend will probably be a no go. Went to doctor yesterday cause of contractions. Got sent home due to no changes. Now if they are not full we are going in tomorrow for my wife to be induced.

16. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I just asked him what it scored. It was a beautiful buck and an awesome video.

Bullridnfool and cantexian like this.
  17. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    I completely agree. Don't make the mistake I did when my wife went into labor with our first. I had to hold her when they gave her the epidural. I made the mistake of looking over her shoulder and watching the gigantic needle go into her lower back. I had to go sit down and put my head between my knees, almost gave them a second patient! :lol: Good luck with that new kiddo!

18. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Cool, I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

19. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the kiddo!!! I helped deliver 3 of the 4 of mine and one other during a clinical rotation last fall.

20. Johnny Miller

Johnny Miller BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for not keeping up boys, my mother in law ended up passing away last week and its been kind of a tough deal. Hey congrats to all the killers! Wow we got a hell of a season going. Definitely on my bucket list to be a part of a winning team on this contest and it looks like we've got a chance to make that happen. I'm gonna put a bunch of time in down in IL for the rest of the season and hopefully can punch another buck tag down there. Got potential to shoot one bigger than my WI kill down there. (As for score on the WI buck, we haven't officially scored him yet but he'll be in the 140-145" range I think). I will definitely get on the doe train as well. Keep up the good work guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2020