Broadhead Shortage!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Sep 24, 2020.

1. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    400+ grain as you stated should crush a scapula of a deer with relative ease one would think ?

Is Virginia showing hogs yet ? Word is they are spreading out and around ?

Some folks are touting bear done right is closer to beef than any other animal in North America ? I have found it a bit to marbled for my liking. To each their own. I’m loaded up with bear down here in South Florida as well as back home in Connecticut but both states have provided no Avenue to fill a tag. I would love to try bear again. My chef friend has some ideas to cook it in a pressure cooker like we do boar hog. I bet it would rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have different weights. However some heads I only use in certain weights. For example, Soild 100s are great but the 125 are too big and frail.

3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are no hogs here in the south east that I know of...I hear there are some to the north/west...But I don't think they have become a problem yet..

4. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I do not care at all for bear. I have taken several bears and have a few friends that I always give the meat to and they love it but I have tried it a few different ways and just have not found it to be something I care for.

5. SRS90

SRS90 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bloodsport gravediggers 125gri will preach these until the day i die, no fail system, rear deployed, doesnt matter the angle it will open, and at 82# 30” draw and a 494 gr arrow I never worry about shoulders (i actually intend to go through at least one every-time) I’ve been using the same 3 heads for 5 seasons now and on whitetails i pass through every time even through both shoulders, on hogs ill go through most of the time. These heads have been through the ringer, never bent a blade never dulled the tip, i sharpen after the season only bc i kill 40-100 hogs every year with my bow and they do work on the blades but still nothing to wrote home about. And for some wild glitch in the matrix that causes it to not open, i have 1 1/4” fixed cut, 3 3/4 when opened. Ive shot everything thats worth shooting and nothing compares, the new megameats by G5 are a close 2nd but there are more ways for those to fail with the snap collars. I stick with the gravediggers, debating on moving to the night furys. Oh and they fly like a field point out to 100yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020