Team 16 - 4 x 4

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by AaronB, Aug 31, 2020.

1. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    was wanting to switch broadheads this season to 125 gr magnus black hornet serrvr but literally none in stock anywhere.

shot NAP spitfire last year and cabelas had them on sale for $19 so i grabbed the 125gr ones. Going to do a lot of shooting with 125 field points make sure all is ok. I did shoot 125 FP recently and didnt notice any issues. I also since then took 1/2 inch out of draw length, so my worries for spine issues are reduced.

now 29.5 inch draw
    64 pound
    29.5 easton axis 300 spine
    50 grain insert

125 gr head 534 total weight
    should be around 255 fps

foodplot19 likes this.
  2. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Broadcasted some fertilizer and seed today out at the small property I've shot my buck on two out of the last three years. Small 18 acre piece that has a little creek cut through it right outside of city limits. Haven't been practicing as much as I like but I did just have someone reach out to me and sent me a free bowsight to review. Guess the guy invented some new sight and has a patent on it. I haven't seen anyone else have one so maybe I'm the first lol. Guy also said if I shoot a big one he will pay me money. Does that mean I have a sponsor? No idea but I need to finish getting it all dialed in. It's got a top sight and a bottom sight. Top one is a pendulum that you sight in up to to 20 or 25 and then the bottom sight is a one line adjustable for your longer distances. Only messed with the pendulum sight so far and it works pretty good. I'll link the sight so you can see what it looks like.

https://gametimearchery.com/product/hitman-sight/

foodplot19 likes this.
  3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's pretty cool!
    We extracted honey from our hives over the weekend.
    Sprayed/killed the grass in the area we planted all the trees for our farm program, yesterday.
    Broadcast our TBI Frost and crimson clover in the area I sprayed the grass in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

4. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I messaged Brad with our team name. We have everyone checked in by my count.

Season opens here in WI this weekend. I have to work all weekend so I won’t be getting out until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. I usually try to get a doe down early if I can. Buck hunting usually doesn’t get good on our property until the 3rd week of Oct although I have been getting pics of nice bucks in daylight up until the rain the last couple days. Getting close now!

5. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'll try not to take it personally that you sent the message to Brad instead of me. :lol:

Besides, I had already updated the Official Teams list with your team name and you as the captain. I have informants everywhere. :tu:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  6. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    i bought those 125 grain spitfires but still would prefer to shoot 125 gr magnus heads if i could find any.

as we added a new stand that has a shooting lane allowing longer shots i added a pin to my sight (its a vertical 3 pin sight that i took 2 pins out of).

man my shooting at 20 and 30 its as good as ive ever shot, 40? pshhh not so solid right now. I notice the bow is also canting the same way when at draw. the top of bow pushes left and i have to level the bubble. I might have to adjust my stab.

I have a bee stinger counter slide hunter on right now, id have to review how much weight i have on it and try to balance a little better. I also struggle to see the dot on my target at 40 which is one of the reasons i had only 1 pin in sight, my eye struggles to focus on 1 thing so being able to see multiple pins and multiple spots on target makes it hard for me to shoot well

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got to get some shooting in, havent shot more then 20 shots since I been home from alaska. In all hoenstly if I shoot twice a week couple dozen shots I stay pretty solid and hit behind my pin.

foodplot19 likes this.
  8. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the weather is going to warm back up a little bit starting this weekend. May try to hunt Tuesday morning.

9. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  10. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Joe Bear likes this.
  11. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1. 8ECC1504-E875-4B2D-9C16-24655738BA87.jpeg B39DC502-0982-40B8-92D1-53FAAD004B3A.jpeg Two of my potential shooters showed up along with a few other bucks tonight and they were still in velvet! Very rare for this time of year in WI. And I’m working all weekend. :(

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Joe Bear and foodplot19 like this.
  12. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    we have several cameras out, 1 of which is a spypoint celllink
    it went from 98% battery to dead in about 4 hours... Not sure what happened as I haven't gotten down there to check it. Father in law i think will be down there today, hopefully he can look at it an maybe put new batteries in it.

foodplot19 likes this.
  13. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Spypoint Link EVOs batteries last months. I do use lithium batteries, but generally get 4 months or more per set. Thousands of pics and videos. That seems odd.

14. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like you did last year.
    Rolled my ankle playing hockey yesterday. Can put a "little" weight on it. Dr.'s appt Tuesday. We'll see what the verdict is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Joe Bear and bowhunter628 like this.
  15. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just hung a couple sets and put a ground blind in so my son can sit with me.
    The stands I bought were updated chippawa wedge loks, I they are really nice stands. Easy to hang, light weight and dead silent.
    Wish I had something good to say about Hawk helium sticks...they are terrible. First I used them today...the stands are so small that you have to put your foot on an angle so it can fit without hitting the tree. Total junk.

HuntinKB51 and foodplot19 like this.
  16. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a new ground blind, well, newish.
    I bought it this past winter and ice fished out of it

17. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    What a beautiful morning here!!! 56 degrees and calm. Man I'd love to be hunting tomorrow morning, instead I'm setting here icing my ankle and keeping it elevated. This is going to be the best opening day weather we've had in several years, and I'm working from home. What better combination. Good Luck guys!!!

bowhunter628 likes this.
  18. bowhunter628

bowhunter628 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hope its not too bad!

foodplot19 likes this.
  19. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
  20. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going out tomorrow afternoon to the property I shot that big 150 incher the year before last. If there's no action at least I should come back with some good pictures. I've had that trail camera going out there for a month and a half.

AaronB likes this.