The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh come on car shopping is one of the times when it is perfectly acceptable to be an a-hole.

cantexian, GregH and wl704 like this.
  2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just lost my $4!t
    bahahahahaha

opossumhunterNC and Sota like this.
  3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^This. Third to last car I bought we had the obligatory haggle and let me get approval.

I stopped the guy and said, if your not the guy to do a deal, get him out here. I recapped 'you're here, my number is here. I'm giving you a vehicle in trade, if you can't figure out a whether to discount the sale or mark up the trade, we're done, but you also have an opp to beat my loan rate I'm pre-approved for of x.' He asked what the spread was (like a few hundred bucks), he said done. And we were off to signing papers...vehicle was paid off early on their dime.

Last 2 vehicles were cash, and you can be an even bigger ass then, cause you're literally in the driver seat (especially at month, quarter or year end... Even for used vehicles).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    cantexian and Sota like this.
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wtf man. We had a military helicopter shot at from the ground around here today..crew member injured but ok. Not sure if hit by round or if shrapnel. Crap zone in this country.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I fear at some point, police, military or Joe 6pack, are going to snap...and get very ugly.

6. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saw that earlier. Just amazingly crazy. Glad nobody got hurt.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking the same thing - doesn’t the military usually have a minigun on their Hueys? Too bad they didn’t return fire because that would’ve made for one hell of a Darwin Award.

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let these snowflakes try something like that in North Korea... they would be dead and forgotten already.. and Nobody would say a word...

10. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Wait.... so you mean to tell me that shipping all the snowflakes off to North Korea is an option? Is there a gofundme set up for this? How can I contribute? C’mon people, this needs to be done yesterday, WTF is the hold-up.

cantexian, Vabowman and Sota like this.
  11. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to be of service... you could probably use a good laugh after the week y’all’ve had up there/

12. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, Saturday I had a sales guy try to embarrass me in front of my wife because he didn’t want to come down to the price I was willing to pay. Car was listed at $12,100. I offered cash at $10K. He wouldn’t come down past $11,500. Tried to tell me it would be better to finance $1500 and get my wife the car to make her happy. She looked at him and said, “then we are leaving. Cash in full means no car payment which means I stay home with my kids. I value that more than your car.” We left. His manager tried to apologize and get us to reconsider. She just starred at him like he was an idiot.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    oldnotdead, Sota and wl704 like this.
  13. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  14. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I had my daycare business I needed a mini van because I took the kids on day trips to parks, farms, ect...
    so I went car shopping and had our two little kids with me. First I couldn't get a salesman to even look at me. Then went to get help with questions, mind you my kids were VERY well behaved. Quote by salesman come back when your husbands with you. Well that got my Irish hackles up!
    I stood in the middle of the show room and in a rather drill sergeant voice said " I want a manager and I want one NOW! " They got me into a closed door room very quickly by the time I was done everyone was apologizing.

Sota and cantexian like this.
  15. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    #Karenmoments

16. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, we had our kids with us on Saturday. I think the sales guy was hoping that with the wife and kids there, I would cave to the pressure and let him get a higher commission. He was certainly wrong, my wife is tough as nails and does not take crap from anyone. It is one of the characteristics I love most about her. Unless, she is being that way me, but, the rare times that happens I probably deserve it. The even rarer times I don't, she is quick to apologize. Anyway, if that was what the salesman was thinking, he thought stupid and lost all the commission he could have made.

ash d, oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    No Karen I was in my 20's. Just A strong woman that never allowed a man and especially another woman to walk over me with out getting "spurs" for their efforts.

Vabowman and SkylarPreston like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Couple of guys at work chatting outside my office. One guy is a new parent kid is a couple month old. He is talking about playing video games. WTF you have a wife and child time to grow up and quit the video games.

cantexian, dprsdhunter and Ks.hunter like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The wife texted me and asked if she should go get sucker minnows, nope I am going to mow tonight so we can relax on Friday night. I figured the weather forecast would be off a little. SOB it is going to be raining tonight and a slow drive home. Guess I will be working in the garage sorting out sockets and wrenches instead.

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I know bow site... But hubby went to get me a supply of my slugs. Brenneke 3 1/2 20 ga
    Completely sold out by one guy and on long back order because of demand. Now seriously most all states have gone rifle. Plus it's a 20 ga....get out of my lane people!....lol

dnoodles likes this.