Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So, since you are in the medical field and you are now citing a Dr. who was potentially exposed.

Is he only quarantined until the test comes back? No incubation time and second test required?

2. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    #3001 and no winner, we suck!

dnoodles and Sota like this.
  3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hope Covid has opened everyones eyes. Call me old school, but we need to support small businesses in our local communities. The federal government can only assist us so much in bad times. Heck, I don't expect them to do anything to help me. Keeping our local communities financially strong by supporting local jobs is very important.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We do not normally go out to eat in our small town, but during the shut down we would order from a different restaurant in town every week. I also do not mind spending a few $ more to go to the small grocery store and I drive by menards to get home and I still buy things at the local hardware hank instead. Why because I appreciate having the stores locally and if you do not support them they close.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To be honest when I started the post I never thought it would go out this long, granted we are a tiny sample size but this "diverse community" has stayed covid free.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Except when the national leading expert on Covid said that they dismissed the 95 masks in the beginning so there would be a supply needed for medical professionals. Is he lying about lying now? Kinda makes the insistence look kinda foolish to a sceptic.

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not medical personnel, I work in a support role at a medical school. I believe quarantine is mandatory for medical personnel that work with high risk patients unless or until test results come back negative. There are not enough doctors to treat all the other health care problems if every doctor or nurse that comes in contact with a positive person immediately has a two week quarantine. Someone like myself, who is not involved in direct patient care would not quarantine at all until a test comes back positive. Unfortunately, cancer does not stop for COVID and cancer patients are at a higher risk due to comprised immune systems with treatment. It is a crappy situation all around and the exact reason why all of the social distancing was put into place. Enough people are going to get sick and die from just the virus itself. The purpose of the social distancing is to limit preventable deaths with people dying because too many of the medical personnel got sick and could not be working to take care of them. Trying to walk the balance between slowly the infection rates so that the truly sick people will have access to the needed care while not overwhelming the hospitals is the goal. I for one, do not want my state to become like New York.

DeadeyeDick likes this.
  8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To clarify about the doctor, I asked to be sure and he does not have to have to quarantine at all since he was following PPE guidelines and wearing a mask. If he hadn't been wearing the mask, mandatory two week quarantine regardless of test results.

9. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    you're not wrong at all; but it's hard to do when small/local businesses are the most impacted by the restrictions. Meanwhile, big box stores and AmazOogle keep raking in billions of dollars from online sales.

...it's almost like someone took a look at a booming economy driven by entrepreneurship and small business activity and thought up a grand plan to exterminate the middle class.

Hmm.

10. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like the Chinese govt.? Inside job? Both?

11. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Small local business can boom but it has to be in a speciality realm. Services, repairs ,installations unique products. Sales with full service to back them up,such as bow,gun,equipment sales. Orgaic local products ,ect,ect. People just need to think a little out of the box. NOW they will have to set up what ever with a possible future shut down in mind. How they can arrange their businesses so it can be operated with no physical human interaction. Even a resturant. Coming up with a speciality that customers wont go without its so popular. One that can be easily done as take out, made in bulk for people to freeze when you can see a shut down coming. A local restaurant supply house maintained a booming business with all the restaurants shut down by opening up to the general public. It started with them saying 40#'s frozen period, Now fresh 10#'s smaller packs of everything. They added a large return customer that will stay even after the restaurants open.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No political BS the guy admitted he down played the effectiveness of the mask because of an agenda. Do not be a naive lemming, drinking the kool aid

Hotrod9 likes this.
  14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    if I really wanna put my tinfoil hat on tight; check out Fauci's long and storied relationship with the Gates Foundation, Bezos, and Big Pharma.
    All 3 have made and/or slushed around Billion$ as a result of this "pandemic."

When in doubt about any "big event"; always do 2 things-
    1. Ask 'Cui bono?'
    2. Follow the money

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  15. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    here's to more Tag Soup on this thread!

fletch920, Hotrod9 and Sota like this.
  16. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    When it comes to the list there, they bono a LOT!
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa whoa whoa... I must've missed a GC giftcard was on the line... Thought it was some supperclub or a meat raffle, not an endless chocolate fountain, obesity food trough and low health sanitization scores...

18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Typically 2 weeks quarantined, if no symptoms, you're back in the game. Healthcare workers are, according to my son working in an ICU monitored (and (re-)tested in some cases).

19. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    Reminds me of John Pinette. Google that guy talking about buffets. Solid gold. Funny dude. R.I.P.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Okiebob likes this.
  20. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't put the name to him, but when he got started, I remembered him. Probably offends several Asian nationalities by today's measure...but good stuff.

Okiebob and Ridgerunner3 like this.