Building arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by stephenky, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool. I've had a blast playing around with these arrows and heavier builds. I cannot wait to try em on the real deal this fall.

cantexian likes this.
  2. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is what it is all about. Every hunter is different, even those shooting the same equipment. I really like my bow shop, but when it comes to hunting and performance, you just have to put in the work. Plus its fun!

Just a note on the 300 spine arrows. If they shoot well with one bh and not another. You might try group tuning by pounding your bow up and down (1/4 turns) to see what poundage the setup prefers.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

OhioHunter72 and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  3. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still tinkering around. So, when I started all this heavy set up experiment, I was still getting used to and tweaking my setup on a new bow. Now I'm more focused on consistency in grouping, which has me back to different total weights, lots of shooting and trying to find the best combination. I was dead set on the 600 grain set up. Pretty good groups, good arrow flight, etc. I dropped weight down to 500 grains....woah! The 40 yard grouping told the story for me. Consistent TIGHT groups. Undeniably better across the board. I had shot that weight early on when I began this, but like I said, I was still working out other bow issues. Just goes to show how easily I stubbornly got my mind set on things like I had to shoot a super heavy set up. I never could "see" the difference of that perfect tune and how it looks until I kept putting in the time. When you see it, you see it. It's a 100 grain drop, but it is still plenty and I think the foc is still 18%, but I need to check again. I'll take the accuracy any day of the week. Anyway, I guess what I"m saying is don't get too stubborn and keep tinkering.

BuckHunterUnlimited likes this.
  4. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Concur no comment!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Ridgerunner3 likes this.