Colorado Archery Regs

Discussion in 'West' started by Greenbay, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Greenbay

Greenbay Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I see that one of Colorado Archery regs states the the maximum bow let off is 80%. A lot of bows are now 85%.....what's up with this regulation???? Is this something that is actually enforced?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I doubt youd be checked specifically as an initial violation, but you better Believe it will be tacked on if some other violation is in the works.
    Better to just lower the left off and be in compliance.

Greenbay likes this.
  3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hmmm. That makes no sense for let off restrictions. Minimum draw weight? What about a X-bow? Need to check CO regulations sometime.

4. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen this in Idaho, not very surprised. There was quite a few years where the regs still specified 65% let off yet most bows were 85%.
    Not surprised that technology is much faster than a F&G board approving and incorporating new rules.
    I've never once had an officer check anything on my bow, or if my arrows met minimum weight or even whether I had fixed BH's (no mechanicals allowed).
    I agree with Trial153, I doubt you'd ever had a problem unless they found something else first. Then they'll tack on everything they can.
    I also think that everything would be checked if you shot a fabulous animal that garnered attention.