The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not in the best mood today, I was sitting in my office reading some emails, I was concentrating. In walks one of the applications guys and I didn't look up right away and the clown is eating an apple. Standing in front of my desk eating a GD apple I can hear the chomping and chewing. I remained calm and said come back and see me when you are not eating, the squid has not been back to see me.

virginiashadow likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    2 rants.
    My car is 14 yrs old and only 69 thousand miles on it. Had to replace a second gas tank due to rust..I kid you not the car is washed every time I drive it. 15 bucks each time and I have the under carriage spray down to a science. Then it needed a new set of tires first since we've owned it 600 for tires alone. Yes good tires. Though when we get the rims for studded snows sand blasted and repainted we'll need 2 more new tires. Marquis, rear wheel drive on this hill, studs are the only way home in snow.

People that can't own up to a mistake on the job...the mailman, nuff said.

5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

You lost me at concentrating reading emails.

WHO DOES THAT?

cantexian likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well the guy screwed up to begin with you don't walk in my office and just stand there like an idiot, and above all don't approach me when you are chomping on food. 3rd don't give me some stupid look when I call you on slobbish behavior.

7. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you washing your car in hard water or driving in salt all year long if its rusting that bad... If you drive you car 3 times a week and pay for a car wash every time you could afford to replace the gas tank every year if you didn't wash it so often and had it under coated!

Just saying your spending a heck of a lot of money to protect a 14 year old car that require special tire for winter travel.

You might as well get an all wheel drive SUV and let that rust bucket go.....

8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I wasn't talking about that clowns behavior. I agree with you on that.

I was poking you because you "concentrate" on emails. That's relaxation time around here. My co-workers have learned when they hear an LOL from me, I just read a stupid in an email.

Like today, the person responding put the output rate of a machine cell at -xx per 8 hours and on another cell -yyy per 8 hours. Another email from the same person said "ass it is Friday...."

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah well most of the e-mail I get at work are pretty serious, engineering specifications etc. Hell getting an email to print requires concentration.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So my house that I thought I sold isn't really sold, the people thought they could sneak it thru. I am still closing on the lake place on June 30 I just need to write a check for 10% down. Then go to the next highest bidder oh wait they found a different place, oh the next bidder came in with a cash offer but $25,000 less than the highest bid. Great day took a $25,0000 and get to write a check for $42,600. Sick to my stomach, I actually thought well for what my escrow check was I can forfeit that and get my happy ranch life back. Probably going to get drunk out tonight.

dnoodles likes this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:

Taken this past winter. I live in hill country,back roads and 20 miles to the nearest car wash . I drive once a week maybe. Notice how low to the ground...zero air flow and she packs with salt slush. The last regular car I had got a rusted gas tank as well low to ground. Old car =low insurance , no car payment, I haven't had a car payment in 20 yrs . This was a Florida estate sale car...cheap with low milage. If I hit a deer which is a likely thing here for EVERYONE, It's a Oh well ,situation.
    Lol ..speaking of the car wash. No good deed goes unpunished
    Newer truck in wash dies. Guy in fancy new truck behind him helps to push it out. But that triggered the cycle. He walks back through wash and yep,hit motion sensor on under carriage blaster. Sorry, pretty sure everyone heard me laughing. Soaked he gets in truck and drives slow but no blaster...note to self never walk through and automated car wash...hahaha

IMG_20200109_135824_hdr.jpg

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't you have a contract of acceptance from those people? I'd be talking to a lawyer to recover that 25 grand. or get a better lawyer than you have now.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The purchase agreement was invalidated when the buyers loan did not come thru. I do not have time to lawyer up

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    That's too bad. Good luck

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a big one.
    Busted hump getting garden in. Planted final warm weather plants ,hot peppers. It has been god awful hot the last few days and nights. Tonight going down to low 40's, which is always colder here and tomorrow night mid 30's. WTH, 50 tomato, 60 pepper(sweet and hot) 20 eggplant. Glad its all in black mulch clothe. My last latest killing frost was on a June 6th one year.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Relisting an option?

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That stinks, my first offer did not fall through and then I got cash offer that was just 5 g less. It will work out, should be plenty of people from minny wanting to move out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I was not nuts and could tolerate a parade of people thru the house resisting would be an option. But I am so no I will take less money and not relist

19. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m on my way to a worksite, and I found this in the parking lot of this ghetto hotel I was staying in, Columbia, SC.
    IMG_1115.JPG

What are the chances of finding a spent bullet?
    Anyways, I’m thankful to not have grown up in a city!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

opossumhunterNC, Sota and GregH like this.
  20. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: