Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's a slippery slope. I do not agree with the rhetoric or actions of Amtifa but if you are going to declare them terrorists than so is the Klan, Michigan Miltia, Proud Boys, Incel and whatever those tiki torch carrying idiots call themselves.

And I am not anti GOP but I am anti chicken chit silver spoon failed businessman successful reality star philanderer bunker hiding coward. I almost want to see him reelected just to watch him really work and show us his bigly brain and fix the economy, race relations, discover a vaccine for covid19 and bring America together as a nation but just dont think he has it in him. He is not a leader and he has more than proved it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    siwulat likes this.
  2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We need some good old fashion electrical storms to roll through the country for about a week. Add a moderate amount of winds and this would calm these crowds down. Or 100 degree temps 90 at night.

7. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So whites being 73% of the population that would make total sense. African American being around 12%. I think those percentages are based off the 2010 census.

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

DeadeyeDick likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When Germ finds a Meme he likes they are perfectly ok to post. Hypocrite.

oldnotdead likes this.
  10. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lemming Sota... Lemming. Sort of the way he exists in a hunting forum and doesn't hunt or talk hunting.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  12. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can we really blame Trump for everyone dying due to the riots? It's question I've been asking myself the last few days that I don't know the answer to. I've seen so much the last few days that this is all Trumps fault. How so? For not sending in military to every city to help local police/National Guard stop the looting and non-peaceful protests? What could he have done to prevent this? Get on the microphone and say things that no one is going to be believe? IMO if he would have came out the day after this happened and spoke "like a real leader" these riots still would have happened.

I just don't know. I hate to say it, but I really don't like this world that we are living in.

Sota and oldnotdead like this.
  13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When you kill 150'' plus bucks let me know;).

Show me where I said don't post memes? Oh you can't, carry on.

14. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is a thoughtful reply and I appreciate it @dnoodles . I'll do my best to articulate my POV, for what it is, broken out to address your paragraphs to make things easier to read.

I am a democrat, so this checks out. While I agree that there is nothing to gain, I view the President's campaign strategy as one of division similar to what he ran in 2016. I believe that he believes there is something to gain.

Valid. I should have said police violence of all sorts. Point conceded.

Agree. Nothing to contend here

Again, agree.

Agree in spades with the second paragraph. I think local politics are something that a lot of voters shirk, when in fact these are what impact folks lives the most. I will state that top down leadership does have some merit, and if it becomes an item of importance on a national level that may have a positive impact locally. Perhaps wishful thinking, but alas...

Agree with all but the last sentence. Much like your statement of my Democratic talking point above, I view the "victim of the largest criminal conspiracy..." as a Republican talking point. Not arguing your position, just pointing out something that we will never agree on. You see it as a hit job, and I see it as the President got called out for the obstruction and abuse of power that was very real. No amount of arguing will move either of us off those positions, and that's OK.

Bingo. Nothing we can do now beyond prosecute to the extent of the law and evidence.

I have to believe this is the overwhelming thought within law enforcement. It is certainly a difficult time for all the men and women in uniform.

Agree. The few ruin it for the many

dnoodles, trial153 and Westfinger like this.
  15. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He is no more or less too blame than obama was, and that is the point. In 2016 he criticized the weak leadership obama as the cause of the riots. Now that he is the leader he is casting blame on everyone else. So which is it?
    Here is a novel idea. Why dont we cast blame on the law breakers, the officers that are culpable, the rioters and looters and lets not forget all the scumbag politicians from both parties that using the incident for their perceived political gain.

16. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont blame him for the riots or deaths. What bothers me is his lack of any leadership and not coming forward to address the nation and try to calm peoples, he just seems to escalate it. He appears to enjoy the divide. It's nothing short of disappointing.

17. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Democratic talking points. " Tump hiding in a bunker "
    Stop acting like ass's ,NO one other than the protective services in the White House decide if and when anyone is hauled off to the bunkers and the people taken Do Not get a choice. Thats just protocol
    FIL was a marine stationed at the white house.

18. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats the point. I supported Trump and voted for him because he claimed to be outside of the two party Washington establishment.
    And he turned into the worst sort of partisan hack we could imagine. Its an even bigger joke that same people that he is now aligned with sold him out for the first two years of his administration and continue do today. And yet he want us to believe they are on the side of the American people. Total bullshit

19. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love the fact that my opinion garners dislikes when my wife and I are the American dream. We both grew up pretty poor, paid for our own schooling, constantly give people a hand up and have multiple little businesses but bc I have zero love for silver spoons failed multiple times over with the exception of a reality tv show businessman. Oh well, given the fact that we, my wife and I, are winning capitalism so who cares about others opinions.

Heritage, Germ and trial153 like this.
  20. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought you needed a bow from the last century, held upside down.