Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    None of you do, just stay out, it's that simple.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dangerous like initially comparing this virus to the flu? Or, on Feb 27th when he said, "It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear"? lol His list of dangerous/false statements is a mile long! That's not who I trust running the country.

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Reminds me of this meme

Reminds me of this meme.

The intent is good, but fails in, uh, execution.
    FB_IMG_1590515273112.jpeg

arrowflinger1 likes this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Minimally, there have been many near misses, maybe some infected...does it matter? I mean, as tempting as 'the prize' is, they're is still that 2% critical risk, and many of us are in high(er)-risk demographics.

Sota likes this.
  5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    All kidding aside, I believe most here have a pretty good head on their shoulders, so being smart and safe not an issue for most here.

early in likes this.
  6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cause everybody is wearing an n95 mask, sterilizing or disposing of them, wearing them appropriately, all common surfaces are sanitized and/or people are wearing gloves and keeping 'appropriate' distances?

How long does it live on surfaces anyway?

7. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Your lips to God's ears.

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No doubt. And I can be a bit snarky, but I can tell you, I know others, also with good heads on their shoulders, who were infected. Viruses don't care how smart you are and it doesn't take much to catch it due to its nature, those around us, and how much people are unwilling to change.

A few example of folks I know, who were infected.

A friend who manages cardiology practices;

A doctor and his wife who went on a medical mission trip to a city in South America end of Feb/early March. They were stranded in said country till the government intervened, then they self quarentined for 2 weeks.

Someone very close to me, an essential employee, apparently infected by a co-worker.

These are just those in my 1 degree of separation circle. 3 live in my city, 1 in another state. 1 was hospitalized.

Ps. No offense, I little medical advice from y'all (nor the msm).

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The masks I mention do nothing to stop the transmission, unless you are speaking of droplet exposure, then sure it can keep saliva particles from making contact to another. That's only if the mask is properly utilized. The virus itself is small enough to pass through the mask in or out. Masks also do not prevent physical transmission from the hands, you would literally need dozens of pairs of gloves per day and an N95 or better grade mask to be 100 percent effective. Then that mask has to be properly sealed, no facial hair allowed where the seal is to be made.

Contrary to what you believe, I cannot infect someone I do not come into contact with. I go to work and I stay at home, I go to the store when I need something. I get what I need and I leave, I don't shop, stand around and mingle with other patrons or cough and sneeze my way throughout the store. If simply beeathing is what you are worried about, then yet again I'll say, these feel good masks have no effectiveness in that regard.

I'm not going to get reliable news from any of those stations I mentioned. I'm going to get politically driven narratives that suit that stations base, period. I don't give an eff what is going on in NYC, Chitcago, Detroit or anywhere else other than Springfield, IL. That is where I live and where I am going to get infected if I have not been already. We have 120 current cases county wide, out of a population of 195,000 and most of those are retirement home cases. I would have a totally different mindset if I were in one of the big cities mentioned, but I am not.

Lastly, I'm on the Trump train and will be until the next non Democrat candidate emerges. I'm anti Democrat through and through, Democrats are the plague of America and I fear them gaining control more than I fear this virus. There will eventually be a vaccine for this virus, there will never be a cure for Democrats. The virus targets the old and vulnerable of the world, Democrats target the youth and naive of the world.

ash d, GregH, 0317 and 5 others like this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Many are choosing not to. We'll get a better understanding of it here in 4 days or so as more businesses are allowed to open back up. Prickster wants more restrictions and possibly extend some things due to his abysmal handling of this, but I'm sure his company linked to all the testing is making a killing.

My guess is we'll start hesring stories nationwide of how the unemployed cannot afford to go back to work and a newly pushed Democrat agenda to give handouts even after returning to work.

11. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/kud...work-bonus-workers-coronavirus-economy-2020-5

Not exactly what you were referring to, but its similar enough.

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not for that either, it makes no sense. Take $450 and go back to work or continue to get $150 extra to stay at home.

What they need to do is get it to where if you are asked to return to work and refuse you lose the additional $600 bonus.

If they fell behind by making more than they were when they were working than that is not the fault of the virus or the US taxpayer.

Fix and cantexian like this.
  13. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally got a call I wasn’t looking forward to. My mother is in a long time care/ nursing home facility and is 71 years old and has been getting chemo on a regular basis and is very immune compromised. They just called and told me that they have a case in the building. This just got very real.....

14. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It took me a bit to manuever through this reply in a kind way. When listening, actually listening to a person speak it is wise to engage an understanding of context and common sense.
    Now here is a serious and sincere suggestion you will truly appreciate. Go to the Ralph Nudi videos and watch
    " Sam Donaldson exposes Biden lies "

BTW
    If any of you "techy" guys want to post that for all to see, that would be great!

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

oldnotdead likes this.
  16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you...hhhhmmm gosh Fox news wasn't even a thought then was it? I don't see them listed in all those net works...

17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    family

best wishes for her and your family God Bless

arrowflinger1 likes this.
  18. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing in that video has anything to do with our current president's misleading, down playing, and poor response to a virus that's killing a lot of Americans. Bringing Biden into this is typical wag the dog strategy. Trump's been bullshitting from the start about testing. He's gone as far as to say it's over rated. As he gets tested daily. Every expert on the subject says testing is the single most important aspect of getting a handle on this thing. And every doctor I've seen/heard interviewed says they don't have the testing they need...
    FWIW I was a Republican all my life until Trump came to town. There is no Republican alternative.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    trial153 likes this.
  19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    ∆∆∆∆ Sorry making dinner and responding doesn't mix.