Greg Kazmierski and Wisconsin Natural Resources Board

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Eugene Baer, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Eugene Baer

Eugene Baer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello
    Greg Kazmierski was appointed to the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board several years ago. He also owns Buck Run Outfitters. His business sells and services many kinds of archery equipment, including crossbows. However, he has frequently and consistently made proposals to limit or exclude the use of crossbows during all of parts of the deer archery season in Wisconsin.

I question his being in the Board. I encourage you to urge the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board to remove Mr. Kaspersky from the Board. The link dnr.wi.gov will get you to a site from which to go to the Board site. Better yet, send a message to the Board through their liason, [email protected] or 608-267-7420 or Laurie Ross, OK Box 7921, Madison, WI 53707-7921

2. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kaspersky? I am sure just a typo.

I don't always agree with Kasmierski but he is right on this one. Crossbows are not archery equipment. Not guns either so they need to run a different season. I think they should have a season but not run along with the full archery season. Just take a look at harvest numbers for one thing.

softedahl16, peakrut and Okiebob like this.
  3. Yusrilha

Yusrilha Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought what Wisconsin did was actually pretty smart. Make crossbow kills documented with a tag so hunter success and results can be tracked.

peakrut, jonderrs7 and Okiebob like this.
  5. Eugene Baer

Eugene Baer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies.
    I am 77 years old. I have hunted deer as an archer since about 1965. I began with a recurve, then several compounds, and three brands of crossbows as well as rifles and muzzle loaders. I like all of them and think each Hunter should be allowed to hunt with whatever he/she prefers within established seasons. I also am certain that the greatest threats to hunting are anti hunting groups, declining numbers of hunters, and, worst of all, hunters who bash other hunters over issues like crossbows. Years ago, the same types opposed the compound bow, use of sights, use of mechanical releases, and so on.
    We hunters need to unify and to bring new hunters in. By the way, a person can get into at very hunting much more easily with a crossbow.

6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After having this fight many many many times on here I have adjusted my view to be this. To each their own. We need the Hunter numbers to increase. That being said, my caveat is this. Do not take away from bow season but have crossbows share gun season and perhaps a week before archery. DONT GET ME TWISTED with proper documentation I feel you should be able to hunt with it. IE if a situation does not allow you to use a compound or recurve. Those being age, strength, established handicap. AGAIN I'll restate as I'm sure plenty have already become butthurt and stopped reading but.... If you are too old, too young, or have a disability that doesn't allow you to hunt in the predetermined season with appropriate weapon I AM all for you still getting to hunt with whatever you want to keep you in the woods. But since I hunt with a Bow during gun season and don't ***** maybe xbow guys could do the same
    The thumbs down is the dislike guys

softedahl16 and Sota like this.