Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    3 nukes could sway their opinion :lol:

I kid, but that is part of me that is skeptical about bio-warfare being a culprit. Whether it was research gone bad or what have you.

Just seems coincidental the 3 countries that have been hit the hardest during Trump's first term ar the 3 countries banding together. Russia was hit with American oil production, they start saturating the market just before the virus dropping oild prices, China hit hard with tariffs and forced into a neww trade agreement, then hides the Virus from the start with the aide of the WHO and Iran, well they kept being Iran and Trump smacked them back down and then some.

It all just seems a little too coincidental for me.

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a simple man. Give me a small house. A garden. A river close by and some game to fish and hunt and I'm good. Mix in a cup of coffee and some vanilla ice cream and I could probably last for a couple decades without venturing too far from home. The World is passing me by with its complexity and my desire to deal with in your face liars on tv and amongst our politicians. This virus and this disaster just solidifies my mindframe.

jonderrs7, ash d, cantexian and 4 others like this.
  3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To be expected i guess, especially in places that people dont see anything dire happing. There are lot of people that dont or cant even understand the rational behind the directives.
    We cant discount the amount of people that really dont give a ****, not just about this but about most everything, its apparent in all areas of their life.

TJF likes this.
  4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, like I said earlier, you can't keep an animal contained forever. The weather is finally transitioned to Spring for most, soem governors are extending into May and nearly the end of May. By that point people are going to have been out of work in some cases nearly 3 months.

Hearing here in IL that the state isn't getting money to unemployment or even able to process everything.

The Unemployment office here in Springfield was vandalized over night, bust out a front wind and spray painted Eff U KKK with Eff being the 4 letter variant.

I moved all my ammo into safes and moved the smaller one into a tight fitting closet.

Those who have hoarded and let it be known are going to start regretting bragging about it at this rate.

axtell343 likes this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thank God, unequivocal proof that orange man bad. Other countries are putting this(covid) on the USA instead of China because half out population NEEDS to blame Trump for anything. It's a pants pissing generation of whiners and participation champions. How about we as a nation step up in unison and say We will not stand for what China did.... Kind of like a bunch of other countries already have. Or I don't know, I guess we can sit here find any excuse to say Hillary would have handled it better ( wow that was hard to get out) because remember those were your choices people.

GregH likes this.
  6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was just posting a quote from today’s press conference. Don’t think there was any blame going on or pants pissing. At least I don’t think there was.

If that was Cuomo, Pelosi, Hillary, or Biden people would be screaming how uneducated they are.

The road goes both ways. If someone says something that’s completely false you should question or call it out. There are people out there who heard that and believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. GMCmedic

GMCmedic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Meh. I dont know why anyone cares who has done the most testing with tests that are turning back a 10-25% false negative rate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    42 days and still not a thread winner

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Because it is the talking point until the next talking point is ready to be utilized.

First it was inundating the healthcare system and ventilators. Turns out ventilators was never an issue and while some smaller providers were inundated the widespread hysteria that was projected was not realized and the overflow hospitals where needed the most were never utilized at a rate that made them necessary.

So while focus was on beds and ventilators other countries were raiding the national supply of PPE and testing swabs.

Turns out, more than anything the modeling wad horrendous as the data they fed in and the algorythms they ran on were so far off it tanked the economy. In hindsight, IMO, strict lockdowns and quarantine in and around major airline hubs and ports of entry are the likely key in future episodes where the pathogen is of foreign origin.

Now we are building thousands of ventilators the rest of the world needs all because the modeling failed. Cuomo wanted 40,000 ventilators, we haven't even exhausted the 10k strategic stockpile at this point which started out at 1/4 of his request, let alone all the other states requests.

When politics become bigger than the actual problem, I tend to take a political response.

GMCmedic likes this.
  10. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    People's attention span are too short. That and first hand exposure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Other countries are blaming the U.S. bc their own citizens, like many of us, are starting to figure out that their own government are incompetent fools, it's not like communism or capitalism have the market cornered on idiots, charlatans or greedy two faced hustlers. And they all do the same thi g we do when they have no idea, point fingers. I mean for all we know this could all be the work of SPECTRE and James Bond just really failed us.

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just to be clear, were there rules around how to determine the winner?

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's up to Sota I imagine. Guessing two different pics with diagnosis and individual included in them.

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting the weapon in the Pic is the challenge. And no Fergie clause!

15. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah you have to have a bow in the pic or it doesn't count!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wl704, ash d and Swamp Stalker like this.
  16. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where's the scoring tutorial?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  17. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure it will be using the Chris Cuomo method

19. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sucks that the healthcare system failed to deliver what needed to be done. Really hope he doesn’t test positive for the sake of your health and the health of your other coworkers/company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wth. Crap man. Hope test is negative and you have an anti anxiety drink minutes after hearing neg test results.