Tethrd gear

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by justinwmoe88, Apr 22, 2020.

1. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot from the phantom saddle last night with the predator platform and a ring of steps. Wow was I impressed with comfort and for the first time ever in a saddle I was drilling bullseyes almost every shot. Had a friend move the target all around for me in different shot scenarios and I was impressed how easy it was to move around in it and how secure and safe it really felt. I can easily see all day sits with this. Can’t believe I didn’t buy this setup earlier. Still have three preset stands but this is gonna be a game changer!

Attached Files:

Shocker99 likes this.
  2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_20190719_074952_hdr.jpg Glad to hear, usually takes time to get use to the drawing aspect leaning out so freely. Well at least for me my DIY saddle really supports my back..reason for making it. Way heavier than the tethrd but good for me. Wish platform pricing would come down though.
    Enjoy this season.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    justinwmoe88 likes this.
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do you turkey hunt? I'm thinking about using mine during turkey season. Big tree between you and bird .no limit on size if your low to ground or ring of steps on a long strap. I do love strap works.
    Also I have a few good trees nestled in the middle of dog wood brush. Get inand hang just high enough to clear brush tops.

justinwmoe88 likes this.
  4. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Phantom? How is it? I have the mantis and don't see enough "improvement" to shell out another 250. I got mine to hunt public land a few times, I ended up hunting all season out of it, it's versatile; I was using it to stretch out and clear a few lanes in new spots.

5. justinwmoe88

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve only sat in it a short while. The fiancé called and said supper was ready so had to get down gonna do more with it this weekend. I’ll post an update Sunday or Monday

jacinda and oldnotdead like this.
  6. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool, it takes a while to get used to them, so if it's your first saddle, don't give up on it. I think it took about a month to feel somewhat comfortable/safe in it. By the end of the season I was setting up in about 5-8min comfortably, super easy once you work out the small details.
    I'm kind of pissed at them, I placed an order over a week ago, all in stock stuff and it still shows in process...maybe they know I want to buy another ropeman1....

cantexian likes this.
  7. justinwmoe88

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear I ordered some hero clips and a iron on patch Tuesday and they showed up this morning. Ordered my saddle and platform with all the ropes and two pouches and that took like 6 days to get here I was impressed.

8. jacinda

jacinda Newb

Dislikes Received:
    nice[​IMG]

9. justinwmoe88

Dislikes Received:
    So I’ve been shooting from my saddle a ton and have nothing bad to say about it. I got the hawk climbing sticks with a 5 step aider to climb up it’s a pretty wicked system

oldnotdead likes this.
  10. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I, too, have the phantom after running a DIY sit drag/rock climbing harness last year. The phantom is soooooo much less cumbersome than the DIY set up I have (probably due to the junk rock climbing harness i shouldn’t have bought) Just ordered versa straps and versa buttons to get rid of the buckles on the hawk helium’s. Can’t wait!

justinwmoe88 likes this.