Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just like the NBA player who joked and grabbed all the microphones as he left.

Stupid is as stupid does.

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

How the **** does a tiger get a test while we have humans waiting. I’m convinced there is something deeper going on. Conspiracy theory type **** with The Tiger King, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Curious on another thing.

It is well stated your position on Trump's handling of this, both in the beginning and with variances throughout to the current.

What is your opinion of the WHO on their handling of this and their weighted statements and recommendations being heavily swayed by Chinese "investigations and findings"?

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think there's more misinformation and inflation of numbers being put out there to persuade American perception than just that.

I thought the same thing when I first seen it shared on facebook, hiw convenient that it's a tiger. I figured it would have been an ape/gorilla as I seen a headline a few days ago scientists feared for the great ape, I believe it was, population.

I'll see if I can find it.

MnHunterr likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Funny I am nearing the end of the deadliest enemy book, here is a paragraph about WHO

Or as Bill Gates puts it "WHO is not funded to do much. How many planes does it have; how man vaccine factories? We shouldn't think it's going to do things it was never intended to do"

The next paragraph pretty much sums up WHO
    "Then there is accountability. The WHO is accountable to the World Health Assembly, which essentially means it is accountable to itself, or, no one.

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, so you have successfully diverted from the question and responded with a quote from a book.

What I asked for, which I am assuming you can do, is give your opinion on the WHO and their handling of this from the inception. They are afterall the ones who declared the Pandemic and thus are responsible for today's Pandemic headline banners on every station and outlet.

I'm again assuming that you can offer an opinion on this as you have with Trump and others based on your own beliefs without reading a book and quoting it, because it has not ended yet, due to the fact you have an opinion of your own to base it on. Or are you just basing all your opinions on the "choose your own adventure" story being played out within the political and media arena?

9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm watching the Netflix movie called the Platform. Perfect timing. We are living in one big crap storm of an existence.

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As @MnHunterr alluded to, how are we testing cats and dogs but complaints of human testings being denied are still being levvied?

Either testing complaints are way overdone, or priotities are way underdone.

The longer this goes on, the more less concerned I am becoming. Fauci and Birx still hold their stance, and rightfully so, but they're no longer willing to talk about model "numbers" as I believe they are showing significantly less now than what they had been.

I follow weather on a nearly daily basis. Don't always watch the weather models daily, but when a significant weather event is being shown I'll watch each model run, 2 to 24 times daily.

Models be it weather or "Pandemic" are computer based and their outcome is only as good as the data fed in at that time. Bad data in, bad data out.

Even with good data, everything from that point forward is extrapolated based on the algorythms set into the model. Certain "current data" ingested is also compared to past analogs that match up reasonably well tonthe current data.

With weather, we have daily data that goes back at least 100 years.

Pandemics not so much. My guess is these models they are utilizing are using the Spanish Flu Pandemic as their top analog and projecting numbers accordingly based on population inflation since 1917/1918.

I'd also guess that as we continue to advance further into this Pandemic worldwide that the Spanish flu of 1917/18 is probably dropping down the list of Analogs and others, S.A.R.S, M.E.R.S etc. are replacing it and the worst case outcome is being replaced with more of the best case outcomes early on and the best case outcomes are even better.

We all have weather forecasts everyday, even 12-24 hours out they fail to get it right. There was supposed to be a big tornado outbreak a week ago here in IL. It didn't happen because even though the models showed the worst case scenario, they could not extrapolate future unseens to account their final solution. We had clouds and showers that persisted most of the morning and afternoon that hindered the atmospheric instability, so a few areas that were able to be realized had a tornado, most did not and for the most part didn't even have a thunderstorm.

Got a little long winded over a couple cats and a dog, but I really think Trump has been right on this to an extent.

Hindsight shows all the major hubs and ports should have been heavily monitored and limited travel from them for 14 days upon arrival with anyone from China onboard and then each country thereafter. Still wouldn't have been enough, but mahor hubs are infact the epicenters across the country.

jonderrs7 likes this.
  12. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've kinda been checking in on this thread off and on. Somehow it morphed into another political discussion. I know, it's shocking.

I was fishing yesterday and I got a phone call from a really good friend of mine who still works at St. Jude Children's Reaearch Hospital.

She called to tell me that the husband of one of the nurse managers I worked closely with had died the night before from the COVID-19 virus.

He was a friend of mine also. He was a healthy 49 year old.

He left behind a wonderful wife and two young daughters.

When this first started I doubted the seriousness of the situation. I no longer have those doubts.

Swamp Stalker, Germ, Okiebob and 2 others like this.
  13. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:

Please take 3 minutes to watch this. Please. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnoodles and Okiebob like this.
  14. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Even though I am starting to doubt the early severity of it that was raised, I still take it seriously. I've left my house for work, food and alcohol. Nothing else.

I'll probably be going out more for essential activities in weeks ahead. Fishing at ponds, mushrooming and turkey hunting on private lands. I'll be the only person I see in a reflection or a shadow.

The reason the thread has turned political is because the whole thing is becoming more political, by the day, as the downturn is on the horizon. Add in it's an election year and that about sums it up.

Sorry for your loss @LittleChief , hopefully you do not take my comments personally. I in no way intend to downplay the svereness of the virus itself, only the mass deaths that have been touted but yet to be adjusted thus keeping hysteria in place.

ash d likes this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FB_IMG_1586143517295.jpg

Shocker99 likes this.
  17. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What movie is this

18. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    It's called "My Dinner with Andre"

19. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think it is a little early to say the predictions are wrong on mass death totals. We are still weeks away from the top of the curve. What are you looking at where the downturn is on the horizon??

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Episode 2