Junxing M106 As Hunting Bow?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Fansuri, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Fansuri

Fansuri Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I'm on really tight budget, and I recently came across this youtube video reviewing the Junxing M106 target compound bow cost around USD150. The reviewer doubt this chinese bow, but at the end of the review and test it turns out that he likes it because it shoots pretty well for a budget bow. Here's the link to Junxing website junxingsports.com/index.php?a=shows&catid=7&id=51

[​IMG]

Here's the link to the youtube review video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZyE_5D6fME&t=262s

My question is even though this is a target bow but, can I use it as a hunting bow? I know the axle-axle is quite long but aside from that, can this bow be used as an entry bow for hunting?

2. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Smell Spam?

3. Fansuri

Fansuri Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi 87TT, while I appreciate your reply, I don't see why my humble question's a spam. I'm asking for opinion. If my personal info (below) is not enough to show my sincerity as a noob, I don't know how else to enquire.

full name: Redha Fansuri Ahmed Fauzi
    origin: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    occupation: designer (usually designers in Malaysia don't make much money, that's why I'm on tight budget)
    Archery experience: none
    Enquiry reason: Really need 1 hunting bow because since the corona lockdown, it makes me think to prepare for the worst and that I might do some hunting to survive.

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As one could make a bow from what they find in the woods yes is your answer. That now would kill. What you run into is the tried and true of a known bow. If this is your budget you have 2 options. Risk it on this Bow or buy used. But remember the accoutrements of your rig will cost significantly more that what you are willing to spend on the bow. Often times you can get a package deal on a used bow that is battle tested and field ready. No matter what your choice, please keep us in the loop and lots of us are happy to assist in the plethora of choices you will still need to make. Good luck

5. Fansuri

Fansuri Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Fix, I really² appreciate your time and suggestion. I got 1 question, when you say risk, is it related to the quality of the product (considering that its cheap), or of it's usability in hunting (because it's a target bow)?

6. Fansuri

Fansuri Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If I may add a few more questions before I make a decision to buy one.

1) Does mobility of the bow matters in hunting? How about shooting in 1 stand point, like on top of tree or a platform. How about shooting while moving.
    2) What is the essential feature of a bow to qualify it as a hunting bow? stability, draw weight? the reviewer mentioned that the M106 draws like a 50 rather than 60 as advertised.

Thanx Fix for reminding me about the extra stuffs that I have to buy like accesories, release, quiver, arrows, n stuffs like personal protective gear.

I'm looking for a hunting bow for me and a friend. My budget is around 200-250, while my friend's around 100-150 jusf for the bow.

7. Fansuri

Fansuri Newb

Dislikes Received:
    While the M106 might be my current choice, unless somebody advice not to go for it, I have 1 more choice from the Junxing hunting line up, which is the M122 at USD225, which is under my budget. I'll opt for that if 1 found that the M106 is not worth it.

link to the M122 website http://junxingsports.com/index.php?a=shows&catid=8&id=25

8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    jacinda likes this.
  9. Fansuri

Fansuri Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanx for the suggestion Fix, is the Pledge a Bear Archery product? I can't find it in their website.

10. jonderrs7

jonderrs7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They may not sell it on their website anymore but its a nice bow. My buddy's little brother shoots 2-3 deer a year with the Bear Pledge.

11. Fansuri

Fansuri Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanx jonderrs7, I'll look for a review on it.

12. jacinda

jacinda Newb

Dislikes Received:
  13. arcorabiere

arcorabiere Newb

Dislikes Received:
    As a noob I can't say if the Junxing M106 is an acceptable huntig bow.
    I'm a beguinner archer from Spain, all I can say is that it's a nice bow for it's price. I did OK in an IFAA International Round, and also winned against a teacher in bow psychology in a 3D forest parcour near Madrid (He was using a recurve...)

Anyway if you are interested I did a small review about the bow in Youtube

It's in spannish, and my english subtitles are not really good. But If you speak Spannish or French give it a try

upload_2021-10-19_16-44-21.jpeg