The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The media constantly trying to make Trump out as selfish and a hippopotamus for holding press conferences, meetings, and gathering in groups of more than 10 instead of following the government’s standard social distancing recommendations. Clearly we would have a different set of expectations and guidelines for somebody waiting tables at the Waffle House or a cashier at a department store than we would have for doctors and nurses at the hospital or a pharmacist or first responder. Do they really think that everyone is too stupid to figure out that the leader of the free world might have certain job requirements that justify a different set of procedures. Nobody can possibly honestly believe that the president should be following the same guidelines as you and I are which would basically mean closing up shop and going into hiding for a month or so instead of leading the government during a global pandemic. These journalists will sit there in a press conference b***h about the fact that Trump and his advisors aren't following the social distancing guidelines because they’re holding a press conference (and one that the journalists themselves chose to attend) with more than 10 people in it, then 10 seconds later they’ll turn around and criticize him for not keeping the public informed, then when it’s all over theyll turn around and pat themselves on the back for how brave they are for risking their lives to attend the press conference. I also find it pretty hilarious how the liberal media is demanding that they get a bailout in the stimulus too. Screw that crap, they were already going bankrupt we’ll before the cronic virus hit. If anything, if they were halfway relevant and occasionally actually reported the news instead of spending 95% of their time trying to push their agenda on everyone than they could be raking in the cash thanks to the virus. The literally a couple billion people who are currently sitting at home due to shelter in place, self-quarantine, etc and a large proportion of them are going to spend most of that time sitting in front of a tv and reading the news. The should be a freaking gold rush for any organization whose business is to produce television or print content but the fake news media has dug themselves so deep into a hole of irrelevance and distrust that they can’t cash in. There is a global pandemic going on, the nation is practically shut down and we are in the middle of the most newsworthy event since 9/11, yet the liberal media has so thoroughly destroyed their own reputation that it is entirely possible the guy making YouTube videos of himself sticking random stuff in a microwave is going to get more viewers than MSNBC.

2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is too true to be funny, had to go with only 1 roll at a time in the restrooms at work. People stealing from where they get the paycheck.

GregH likes this.
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He simply bought the wrong door. He should've bought a left door, but bought a right one.

6. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I feel bad for the Hilti drill that’s laying on the floor. Poor fella left the factory expecting to live a long productive life on a jobsite in the hands of a true craftsman... must’ve been quite a disappointment to realize that the new owner was the guy who can’t figure out which way a door goes. It’s a real shame to see that nice of a tool involved in that big of a screw up.

GregH likes this.
  7. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    He bought the metric door, they open on the opposite side of the jamb. Needs to exchange it for the SAE version.

8. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Funny story.

When we were kids, we were helping my dad trim the bottom of all the doors in our house because of all the new carpet that was installed. We were on the last door and after trimming a piece off, it still was rubbing on the carpet. Take the door back off and trim it again. Still rubbing....... dad looks up...:mad: Wow! He trimmed the top of the door ...... Twice! LMAO

My brother and I ran out of the house.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully somebody who knows something can explain this to me. I received an interoffice memo that freight incoming and outgoing is going to cost more and take longer because shipments are going to be screened for COVID-19. How is this possible? I thought we did not have enough test kits for people. Wouldn't taking samples and analyzing for the virus be the same from a surface as a swab from a person?

10. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting...

11. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

??

Freight will be at a stand still given it takes about 5 days for a test result.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah and what about cross contamination? If the freight tests positive do they return to sender? Or are they not doing anything but charging more and taking longer to do their job?

13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Related, would proactive decontamination be viable? Not sure what may suffice (e.g. h2o2, chlorine, irradiate, heat treat, etc) for your products...

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For you tech nerds...client calls a meeting using webex, but instead uses Skype to share the screen.

Serenity Now!

Fix and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  15. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    F U beetle. I have hundreds of these ash trees to cut down due to the Chinese bastards 10321.jpeg

GregH likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good firewood though, so there is that. Never liked the ash tree last to get leaves and first to drop.

17. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  18. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  19. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Companies that wait until you've purchased your online order to tell you that they've shut down. So.. you havent quit accepting money but you have quit fulfilling orders and shipping. Why not have a disclaimer right up front stating that!? Oh they can still emails with product sales daily just dont expect anything until after April 20th and you'll have to order first to find that information out.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So the new wash machine has arrived, still do not have a working wash machine. Last night I was removing the old one and the hoses that go thru the wall and to the valves behind the dishwasher. The clown that did the walls in the mud room with plywood then tin over them cut it a little too close to the hole where the drain pipe and hoses go thru (that would be me). Anyway trying to bend the drain just a little to get the end of the hose thru the hole, yep I snapped it but luckily before a union. I called a plumber at this point I want it installed properly not sketchy like the PO did plus I don't want to break more stuff. Stimulating the economy past couple weeks.

Germ likes this.