Hopeful

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by oldnotdead, Mar 9, 2020.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm actually excited for May 1. Yesterday we still had snow and I crossed 4 distinctly diferent tracks. #'s and size. Then today I kicked up a nice hen behind the house.

2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Just had a blast. Hubby calls me, come look there's Two huge Toms up in the field gobbling and sparing. I get to the kitchen and there we both stood binos in hand. They were all the way up across the field headed for that hedge row. So I stepped out the door and let loose. They both did the " funky chicken " thing and started gobbling. I yelped again and they turned. They are now somewhere in our woods behind the house. 300 yrd turn, I still got it!

JeffC likes this.
  3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And they will disappear on opening day. Happens during deer season, too. Good luck!

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. Pradan95

Pradan95 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oldnotdead likes this.
  5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    OK first I got a heart tweaking scare today. I was taking my walk and working brush. I was hauling a cut limbed tree from winter to my favorite open brush blind for Turkey season. As I'm tossing limbs up on blind I catch a dark flash coming down a tree 10 ft away and hit the ground with a good thud. We are in bear country and it looked like a bear cub. My heart jumpe!!!then I saw it running away, biggest dang fisher I have EVER seen he was the size of a small beagle or a young cub. I think they are neat but hate them on my land. Too many turkey wings discovered all summer since they showed up.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got to work this morning there was a nice Tom all puffed up admiring himself looking at the reflection in the glass door entrance to the office. I used a pillar to keep between him and me so he could not see me, I snuck up and poked my head around the corner said boo. Scared the crap out of the turkey, literally.

Shocker99 and oldnotdead like this.