Pro staff

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by jarin matthews, Feb 22, 2020.

1. jarin matthews

jarin matthews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting 3d tournaments locally and some of the guys at the tournaments are talking about getting sponsored by bow company's and arrows companies and so forth. So my question is how do you go about getting sponsored

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Win some tournaments and how big is the back window of your pick up?

3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hit lots of targets in the highest scoring circle...consistently.
    I second sota's motion.

4. Roamer

Roamer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Start standing on the podium at the end of the tournament, not just local but regional and national level tournaments and get noticed for your consistency. Be prepared to endorse their product on and off the range both while shooting and at trade shows and seminars. Apply to be on their pro staff through their website and make sure you have something to offer and are professional in both physical and verbal presentation. Be prepared to do some traveling and shoot many tournaments they are not going to sponsor someone that only does local and club shoots (that is the manufacturers) maybe the local clubs and shop would sponsor a person downing just the local stuff but not the big boys. They are looking for significant return on there dollars. Oh, did I mention you will first probably need to become a “Professional division member” of the organization hosting the shoots like ASA, IBO, USArchery, NFAA. There probably not going to throw their money behind the average Joe amateur archer that does a couple weekend shoots a year with his buddies. Not trying to be negative but there is a process and there is a requirement for you as a staff shooter and they don’t pay for everything or pay for everything sometimes they will go so far as telling you what equipment they want you to use and promote from their lineup. Good luck and have fun and as always “punch the center ring”.
    Douglas Krebs

jarin matthews likes this.
  5. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have a nice set of tits.

6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Would Moobs suffice?

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :lmao2:

8. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    562AAB65-06CE-4AFF-BB31-B3A4279D6CDE.gif

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Also understand that the "pro" in Pro-staff stands for "promotion", not "professional". Most companies are giving some discounts or maybe a few arrows or a bow and expect a lot in return. For the most part, pro-staff designations have become fairly meaningless in the archery and hunting world. I would recommend you just do your own thing and enjoy the sport for what it is. Unless, you want to make your hobby a job.

10. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just be ready to spend some serious time hitting shoots if you gain a sponsor. A friend of mine was sponsored by Parker for several years and he finally called "uncle" after getting burnt out on having to go to a shoot every single weekend during 3d season for 4-5 years straight.
    He did really enjoy being supplied with their flagship bow every year though.
    If I remember right all they did is supply him with a "free" bow and some apparel. He had to put his own accessories on it, arrows, fuel/cost to travel to shoots, all was out of his own pocket. He had to attend "x" amount of shoots a year, maintain "x" score average, and report to somebody within a couple days after every shoot he attended.