Getting bored and want to

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by truebloodmorelia, Feb 11, 2020.

1. truebloodmorelia

truebloodmorelia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Reach out further. I've been shooting for a week exactly today. I enjoy shooting don't get me wrong but I am getting increasingly bored with just shooting 10-30 yards out. I just today added angles and height but am limited there as well. Anyone in the nearby area to Warren RI have an outlet for shooting further out and larger heights and angles. I also can't wait to add in BHs to my shooting but have to wait for a little more funding before I get a 3d target from Rinehart.

I am also looking to further my knowledge and get more into the hunting factors within the sport.

Shooting a Hoyt Powermax at 60lbs [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do you hunt from an elevated tree stand? A friend found the roof at the rear of his house was the same height as his tree stand location. Climb up from the deck and shoot at a target in the back yard.

truebloodmorelia likes this.
  3. truebloodmorelia

truebloodmorelia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot from raised decks. As soon as I get my saddle and hand climber I will be shooting from there

4. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Shooting long distance is my favorite aspect of shooting in general. Any local clubs by you?

5. truebloodmorelia

truebloodmorelia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes and no. I haven't found any within distance. There is one rod and gun club that has a nice 3d layout that I have to check out. I'd love to try my hands on some longer range stuff but for now angles and tinkering getting ready for some spring Tom's is keeping me busy lol.

30 yard shot with a Magnus Bullhead [​IMG]

6. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    Got a good bow and good carbon arrows. Here is my question to this group. Turkey target on #5 shows what looks like one of the guillotine type broadheads. Are they worth it? Are they effective? What ranges do you shoot? Love to try this! Thanks.

7. truebloodmorelia

truebloodmorelia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    John I bought into the idea of it's a clean fast kill or a clean miss. We've seen turkeys fly off with broadheads and locally we've had a Canadian Goose flying around with an arrow in it for weeks before dem trapped it. It also allows for a larger kill zone so to speak seeing how many blood vessels are actually in the neck. So go from a softball target to almost double that in some opinions.

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/pro...-3-quarter-cutting-diam-Broadhead-3-Pack.html

This is what I will be using and he's got some great videos on how to and why.

Some people I have watched say 30 yards or less is best but they've reached outwards to 60 I believe with this 125grain head

8. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    tbm, thanks. Will look at the videos real soon. Scouting has been the pits with all the rain here in SE TN.

9. truebloodmorelia

truebloodmorelia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya. I just have a flock of 33 that pass on my yard everyday twice a day. So I'll be culling a few from that this spring and fall lol

10. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    Watched the Indiana video. Entertaining with the gobbler attacking the decoy, clawing and pecking at the eyes. The shot was amazing! One shot and down for good. Thanks for the link!