The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mk19 will clear a nice path for ya.

2. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Stopped and got some groceries on my way home tonight. My keys were in my pocket and hands were full and I was on a hill so my buggy of groceries was trying to make a run for it. Being lazy, I just tossed the stuff in my trailer hitch cargo basket thing instead of trying to mess with extricating my keys and unlocking my truck while wrangling a shopping cart. I was stopped at a stoplight on my way home from the store and noticed a homeless woman with a baby carriage full of junk walking up the sidewalk on the other side of the road. Didn’t think anything of it since she was all the way on the other side of the road and she didn't appear to be very athletic as far as vagrants go. Stoplight turned green and as I pulled away I happened to look in my mirror. Damn if that woman wasn’t dodging cars while running as fast as she could through moving traffic with a 4 pack of my beefaroni in one hand and my case of Busch in the other. I circled back around the block but she was long gone. Not too upset since she completely bypassed the really nice looking ribeyes that were sitting right on top of the chef boyardee bag. Plus she did risk her life for that $10 haul so I guess she kind of earned it.

3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People at work, I am out of the office this week and the marketing guy thought he would step up to try to display some form of leadership, and made a big production out of it e-mailing the rep and other people. I let him know that the issue that he making the big production of was taken care of 3 weeks ago, by me. He then tries to cover and says well so and so in marketing does not know about it, well yes he does it has been on the company webpage for over 2 weeks. Get back to work.

Okiebob likes this.
  6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A black female student at the UVA Multicultural center recently garnered her 15 minutes of fame by announcing to the occupants of the center, "If ya'll didn't know, this is MSC and frankly there are just too many white people in here and this is a space for people of color [POC]," she said. "So just be really cognizant of the space that you're taking up because it does make some of us POC uncomfortable when we see too many white people in here."

Very concerning that some of the brightest students around have these whacko thoughts. And more concerning is that many UVA students were interviewed over this students comments and absolutely had no backbone. Yes whitey is oppressive, they need a safe space....this absolutely boils my blood that our country had become so victim status oriented that being a victim of something is viewed as cool now and wielded like a sword to gain leverage in every situation.

Papers reporting just a WHOPPING 57% of UVA students are white. Well dumb idiots, whites account for about 55% to 60% of all persons in the US. So yeah.

cantexian and Sota like this.
  7. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When will they understand that white is also color. Thought POC covered the rainbow!

Sota, virginiashadow and Okiebob like this.
  8. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We recently had a professor challenge students thoughts, he compared being called a boomer to the N word. It was a journalism class and the subject that day was social media. All hell broke loose, the professor is being made to resign and the students, whether they were in the class or not, all have that victim status going. The kicker, the one black girl they interviewed that was in the class wasn't that offended. She just simply said the professor should have used better judgment and she saw the correlation he was trying to make. Back in my day at OU, discussion inside the classroom was supposed to challenge your thoughts and beliefs, it's how you grow mentally. Not saying the professor should have barked out the ol N word but we also have only been able to hear only one side of the story, the so called victim's. Anyway, early this week I got the yearly alumni call asking for a donation. I told them to take me off the list bc the University I attended and graduated from is something totally different from what it is today. The girl on the phone had the audacity to say "ok boomer" and hang up. Maybe I should call the news and play the victim..

cantexian, Sota and virginiashadow like this.
  9. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Technically speaking - white includes every color of the rainbow. The individual colors of the rainbow are what you get when you exclude (or refract, absorb, or block) all the other colors.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Amen.

I have lots of examples of wild class discussions at W and M in VA. I remember being late to history class and getting called on right away by the professor to judge the quality of the paintings that were on the screen. Took me 2 seconds and I said for a simpleton like me, they looked horrible. Shortly thereafter I was informed the person drawing the paintings had no legs and had made them while on a lengthy sea voyage. Lmao! No one said a word about me making fun of a handicap. Also remember being in a sociology class and telling the professor I enjoyed when women got me intoxicated and laid their hands on me without my consent. That got a 50 50 mixed response.

Okiebob likes this.
  11. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I stand corrected.. All POC are really just refraction's of the imagination. :confused:

:evilgrin:

GregH likes this.
  12. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to take your word for this, but considering the seriousness of the accusation we're going to need some independent confirmation.

Please send me a description of these women and a list of locations that they use to commit these crimes so that I may begin my undercover investigation.

virginiashadow likes this.
  13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It was a long time ago... Now when he pulls over a drunk, he is just hoping they don't blow chunks in the back of the car.

cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  14. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  15. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last night my wife and I went to one of our favorite restaurants. The place is out on a river and we like to sit at the tables right on the water. We went right after we were done fishing so we were there before 5. We enjoyed a few rounds of drinks and we had not ordered dinner yet, the place was getting packed. This lady clearly not an employee comes up to our table and tells us that we are only using half the seats at our table and she does not want to wait for a table while we were only using half. She was offended when I said we were not interested in anyone joining us for dinner. She stomped off all pissed off because she had to wait for a table just like everybody else.

17. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Her rant about the guy who wouldn’t share his table is in the Etsy Forum.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnoodles, opossumhunterNC and Sota like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    She did have an east coast accent. Probably a Masshole.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Would you welcome a stranger to a join you at your table? My wife is usually my a-hole meter she tells me when I am being jerky, she agreed with me on this one.

20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    LOL!