NC Bowhunting Forum

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by ncBowhunter, Sep 23, 2013.

1. CJ navy

CJ navy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello every one the names CJ active duty Navy living in cary....who is doing the urban archery hunt this year chapelhill and wake forest? Have you done it before ? How does it work ? And is it too late for me to sign up before Jan 11th?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gr_andrews likes this.
  2. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not doing chapel hill but if you google chapel hill urban archery it’ll take you to their city regulations for it. The difficult part with chapel hill and most participating cities is that they only allow on it private land so you have to have access to a private property you can hunt. I know that Sanford also requires that the property is at least 5 acres and you have to hunt from an elevated stand as well as a couple other requirements pertaining to distance from property lines, houses, roads, etc.

gr_andrews likes this.
  3. BowhuntOnly

BowhuntOnly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is on my list of things to check out this year. Extends the season for another month. I do have to knock on some doors though to get access to private land. Urban hunts are fun, just have to find the right landowners to allow you to do it. Let me know if you guys have any connections.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gladly. I am on the prowl for connections in chapel hill or Sanford as we speak, but would travel farther if necessary. I have about 80 acres of good hunting property within the city limits... only thing holding me back is it’s in a non-participating city. Wish they would open it up to areas that are outside of city limits

5. BowhuntOnly

BowhuntOnly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet, I will be out this weekend, I live in the Fuquay area and know clayton does the urban archery season too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. gr_andrews

gr_andrews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! I’m just outside of Wilmington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. CJ navy

CJ navy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up ladies and Gents...hope all is well. I just wanted to check in on this thread to see if maybe you guys had some luck with urban archery. My buddy had a summer contract in greenville to hunt over crop...so I did that a couple weekends this summer...came in contact with some large doe's no bucks...hung a few trail cams today on public land with lock and cable. Hows your summer going?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gr_andrews likes this.
  8. Skull10

Skull10 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey CJ, Bill here. I'm in Cary as well, city life seems a bit out of place for this country Boy. How is your year going so far? I'm just getting started myself, two long weekends in the stand. Starting tomorrow. Hoping for a great week next week. Starting on Veteran's Day.