The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Damn, North Carolina must be getting hit with it hard. I am just getting over it after 2 weeks of hell. Good luck..

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hate it when the Doctor tells me at my age I really need to get a flu shot.

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, and I had the shot too...

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Double sucks.

GregH likes this.
  5. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    To add insult to injury, November was so warm that the rut didn’t really get going in my neck of the woods until early December - the exact time I had the flu. Didn’t get out a single time. I was finally feeling a little better last weekend so I checked my trail cams and saw what went down in my absence. Every camera was Choc full of photos of nice bucks running around in the middle of the day with their noses to the ground. Multiples bucks every day on each camera right up until 4-5 days before I checked them and from then on nothing in the day and rarely even at night.

When I checked those cameras and saw what I’d missed it about made me sick all over again. I’m still pretty sour about the whole situation. I’m halfway thinking those sly bucks are the ones responsible - the timing is just too good to be coincidence. Sneaky bastards have probably been planning it since the day their ancestors saw the pilgrams handing out smallpox blankets.

arrowflinger1 likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So the kids got the wife and I a gift for christmas, an indoor/outdoor bark control for dogs. The thing makes an ultrasonic sound that is supposed to discourage barking. Our dogs are spoiled little crap heads and being little dogs they are little barking yappers. They are not exposed much to the outside world we live a half mile off the road and the dogs are not exposed to cars going by. Even when either my wife or myself drive up the driveway the dogs lose their minds barking like idiots. I will say this it does seem to work 2 of the dogs barked twice and quit, but not on the rat terrorist chihuahua, that crap head barks at the sound the machine makes. I tell my wife our next neighbors are going to hate us because of our barking damn dogs.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Christmas Eve I am outside with the dogs when they lost their minds, a strange dog was in the yard and they were on it chasing down and barking at a nice looking German Shepard. I got the dogs in the house and the friendly german came running to me, good looking dog had a collar on. I put the dog in the dog room in the house because I know it would suck to lose a dog on Christmas Eve. My wife got on the community Facebook page to put a message about a found dog. We had to leave for my families Christmas gathering so I put the dog in my shop because I did not want him left with our dogs in the house.

It is about an hours drive to my parents and before we got there my wife had a message from the dogs owner. My wife explained that we are not home but would be back later, the guy was kinda complaining how his kids are worried and he wants his dog back ASAP. We were back home before 10:00 and the guy comes to get the dog. I told him that he has to be careful that there are people in the area that will shoot any stray dog that comes on their property. The guy said well you made friends with my dog so you will be seeing more of him, I explained no I was serious if the dog is running it will not end well. Sure enough last night the dog was back. Dog came up to me and went to jump up, I kneed him harder than I wanted but I hope it was effective he winced and I yelled and ran him off. Nice dog too bad his owner is an idiot.

8. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully they will acclimate like my dogs eventually did with squirrels.

9. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You will be known as "Those people" with their ******* dogs!"

Sota likes this.
  10. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  11. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Greg, you don't have crazy ankle biter, spawn of Satan dog breeds, like Sota does, do you?

Birdswacker and Sota like this.
  13. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No, mine are the one in my avater and a pit mix.

pumpkins.JPG

14. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    One of the things I love about Boxers is that they don't bark, like ever. All of the ones I've had over the years will bark maybe once a month or so at most and when they do it's usually just one or 2 woofs to kind of say "FYI there is a dog here and you better f-off if you're up to no good". Only time I've ever had one really go off was back in college when a drunk friend of a friend was over and started trying to pick a fight with one of my roomates. Max didn't like that and ran him out of the house and just stood at the door going at it.

15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Man this ticks me off. Damn bastards rob a Dennys around here on Christmas night and shoot a guy just walking into the restaurant on their way out. For no reason. Guy died. I want to spend 20 hrs a day trying to figure out who these animals are so they can spend the rest of their lives in prison. Really pisses me off.

GregH, wl704, Okiebob and 1 other person like this.
  16. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Except for the prison thing, I'm with you. They need to be ended. They should not be afforded the right to life since they did not allow that for another.

outdoorjoe and Sota like this.
  17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Id like for the justice system to put them to death.

Turds of the week

5e05201604575.image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  18. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    VS, well deserved rant. I hope you catch those POS criminals.

19. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My version of hell. Big snow then the brutal cold front that follows with NW wind howling.

GregH likes this.