Is Joe Rogan Good for Hunting?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Joe Rogan one of the biggest voices the celebrity world has ever known? According to who?

3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can't be any worse than some others.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you have to ask that then you dont know much about todays media and how its measured.

5. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Rogan has been a phenomenal voice for Hunting. In my lifetime I dont think there has been a "lay person " that has come from outside of hunting circles and give as much postive airtime to hunting in general and bowhunting in particular. In fact no one has even come close to reaching as many non hunters as Rogan

6. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let me pose the question like this - is Steven Rinella good for hunting?

I think most would answer "yes" to that...

Rogan is friends with Rinella and has had him on his wildly poplar podcast three times I think?! For "us" as hunters to have someone representing us on his platform is probably important in this day-in-age. Rinella is much of a mentor to Rogan and his hunting as anything else. So the fact that Rogan is learning from someone like that - I've got to wonder how he could be considered bad for hunting?? I think of Rogan as an extension of someone like Rinella - much of what Rogan has talked about realted to hunting is just regurgitated information and stories that he's taken from one of his friends and mentors.

Again - if you answer yes to the original question that I posed then I'd think you'd answer no to the question about him being bad for hunting. He could be spreading a different sort of dialog and playing to his audience which is probably a more liberal audience than not. Keep spreading the good word to that crowd Joe - we need more people like him willing to try new things and venture into a world they really know nothing about. Once some of his listeners/viewers took a chance to understand hunting in general they would probably align with him in more ways than they realize.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    stikbow26, dnoodles and Ldsturg like this.
  7. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t recall ever hearing of this guy before. That said, if he shows a positive image of hunting, then he has my support. May not want him in my elk camp, but that’s more of a personality issue.
    As long as he doesn’t go off the rails trying to “shock”, I don’t see a problem.

I was at a booth at the AMO trade show many years ago when the announced that Ted Nugent would be signing autographs. The 2 gentlemen at the booths started making rude comments about Ted. I ask them how they promoted archery and bow hunting to the public? Did they put everything on the line to show hunting in a positive light? I may not care for his music any more or agree with all his antics, but that guy has done a lot for bow hunting and the 2nd Ammendment.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Sota likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is pretty rich how todays media is measured, the tv hunting market is not the size you assume it is. A podcast yeah him and 5 million other people. I am not saying that he is not good for hunting but the biggest celebrity voice?

jstephens61 likes this.
  9. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    He is by far the biggest celebrity pro hunting voice we have right now. I am not sure how that's even debatable. You go look at his weekly stats and I would be surprised if isnt bigger then all hunting media combined.

dnoodles and mflora98ss like this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If it were not for the Man show I would have never heard of the guy, read the posts on this topic there are some that have no idea who the guy is. Huge celebrity to who? Other hunters?

11. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, what about Donald Jr? Showed up to a Halloween party dressed as a bow hunter.

12. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not religiously following Joe but he is damn near the inventor of podcasts, and by that I mean the guy has been producing episodes for years and years. Well before they (podcasts) were popular and legit thousands and thousands of hours of content. He touches a huge demographic and thus by being pro conservation has transitioned more than a few peoples opinions on it.
    His "nod" is very important and welcomed in my eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

truebloodmorelia and trial153 like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What does that have to do with anything pertinent in this conversation?

Garrett Godlewski likes this.
  14. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like Rogan. Surprisingly, he is a good interviewer and has a wide variety of guests. And yeah, he always has a positive attitude towards hunting that I believe reaches an audience that may never hear that viewpoint. Screenshot_20191216-083355_Chrome.jpg

dnoodles and trial153 like this.
  15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely nothing but another chance to show love and devotion to the supreme leaders son. The same son that shot an endangered species of sheep in Mongolia with special permission gained from the countries president after a trip to daddies golf club. But yeah, that's not gonna draw negative attention to hunting. I mean, come Halloween I always hang a piece of chain out my pants fly and claim to be **** Cheney but I'm not.

16. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You people just can not answer a question directly?:evilgrin:

Okiebob likes this.
  18. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Rogan is no where near as polarizing a DTJ, not even close . I had the pleasure of being at P&Y with DTJ as the key note speaker( I thought it was poor choice personally ) and I felt that he was even polarizing among our group.

19. mflora98ss

mflora98ss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rogan is BY FAR the biggest voice for bowhunting right now and I can't imagine its even close. The thing with him that's surprising is the amount of ears that he reaches with his podcasts that aren't hunters and have no idea about hunting.

dnoodles and Okiebob like this.
  20. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had to use Goggle to find out who he is. But what do I know (apparently I'm a dinosaur)? I never listened/watched (whatever you do) to a single podcast ever.