Back and Forth with string company..

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So the company has been asking for pics and wants to know how I determined that I have peep rotation and creep.. so this is what I sent them. IMG_1054.jpg IMG_1057.jpg

They asked specifically for these shots.... I say it is peep rotation. he asked about the d loop and peep alignment.. so my question is...should my peep and d loop be straight and lined up when at rest?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mine is. If I get a slight miss alignment, I just twist my d loop to line up with peep. If peep starts to move more then 90 degrees from my d loop, then I know my strings are stretched. I will also train my peep if it moved slightly. Do this by just twisting it in opposite direction while bow is relaxed. Measure your axel to axel measurement and see if you got any stretch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JGD likes this.
  3. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    specs are within tolerance..

4. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Most of mine have always been straight at rest and stay that way to full draw.
    I have always used Winner's Choice strings after wearing out the factory string and have had a couple of them stretch just slightly after a couple hundred shots, but most have stayed true from new.
    Even good strings will sometimes get a bit of twist the first couple hundred arrows. I personally would have a half twist put into it at the shop to get it straight and then only get after the string company if it did it again any time soon after that.
    Have you had it adjusted once and it has twisted again on you?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  5. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I never had an issue with Winner's Choice. I have not had a twist put in yet. They just emailed me and said it didn't look like stretch at all, rather poor peep instillation.. He suggested getting peep retied and then put half a twist in the the string to get it straight..

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I would agree - half a twist to get it lined up and possibly a new string loop put on. One of the most common causes of not peep misalignment is being out of line with your loop. I've seen loops slip around the side of the bow and come out of alignment with the peep plenty of times.

7. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1057.jpg He asked for a pic of my d loop and peep in the same frame. D loop straight peep was not. He said the reason it was off is that the serving on top and bottom of the peep are not equal in distance. Well, this is what he said..can any of you make sense of it??

Joe Hershberger via pleasantvalleytrailers.onmicrosoft.com
    [​IMG]Fri, Nov 29, 2:19 PM (3 days ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

Hi Landon
    Thank you for the picture. In the picture I can see what most likely is the problem. I marked then serving on the peep. You can see the bottom serving is closer then the top. That would mean the top serving slipped on you making the peep turn the the left like you are seeing. The fix is easy the peep will need to be tied in. I would recommend not have the serving as close as the bottom is but on top and bottom to be evenly spaced. Once redone you might have to put a twist in or out of the string in the bottom to make the peep line up again.

8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I could see that possibly being the issue - but it's hard to say for sure. The further down the serving goes toward the peep the more rotation you're going to get in the string. You can test it out by pinching the strands together above your peep and seeing which way the peep spins.

Joe knows his stuff though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was correct.

9. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeh I doubt his knowledge at all.

10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If your supspecting he is wrong which I think you alluding to ...take the serving off.
    Reposition the peep so its dead inline with the D loop..
    Then just tie a constrictor knot over the peep with no serving above or below it.

See how long it stays in line before it twists.

11. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly I do not know if he is wrong. He knows more than me.. but it did just dawn on me....I installed two monkey tails...could that be the culprit?

12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I took Justin's advice. I pinched the top just above the peep and it turns straight. there is a significant difference between the top and bottom of the peep where they served it in. lot more space at the top from the peep to the serving knot.