Doe

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by lone, Nov 20, 2019.

1. lone

lone Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not to lesson the fact that a doe gave her life. Here is her pic too. She is about the biggest doe I have seen yet. For another example of how deer can turn and move even with a crossbow arrow coming at them at 335 fps this doe was shot at broadside. At finding her within 60 yrds I saw my shot was farther back thru the liver and out the opposite side just behind the shoulder. She turned away from me to run at the shot. How did my arrow go thru her at a quartering away angle?, when the initial shot was broadside? She was turning away before the arrow hit. She was only 12 yrds or so away. They can react very fast.

Attached Files:

C Ethridge likes this.
  2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you and for the freezer. I have heard many stories of deer being missed when the "jump the string." Shows they have great reflexes.

3. lone

lone Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yep they maybe cant jump completely out of the way of a crossbow but they can move some and cause you to hit not quite where you thot. One drawback of a crossbow. LOUD,,,and arrows make a noise also.

4. Alex Stephens

Alex Stephens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Big girl right their

5. C Ethridge

C Ethridge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My crossbow is about 350 FPS. I have not had one move much. They may be a slight flinch but that’s about it ! The last two I shot jumped and ran about 20 yards and stopped and looked back and then just walked away while the whole time I could see a stream of blood pumping out as big as my wrist from the lungs. Both went out about 75-100 yards and piled up.

Oldcarp likes this.
  6. OhioXbowhunter

OhioXbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: