I am ashamed for these kids...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Nov 11, 2019.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    this is why I ain't having any...god willing.

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    bitchslap.gif Vabowman tomorrow in class

early in, BowedUp and Kfili like this.
  3. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is because political correctness wasn't checked when it should have been. People allow a concept to rule their thoughts and actions...

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I conduct myself as an old school man and evidently that makes me an a-hole.

5. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't change a thing Sota.. humans in general are really too sensitive...the modern man is wearing skinny jeans with gel in his hair and eats a vegan diet... and that's the man of 2019, I hadn't even gotten to the confused cross dressing tranny...lol!

INbowhunter likes this.
  7. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SOTA I am a lifelong member of the A Hole Club ! Count me in as a real man !

Sota, GregH and Vabowman like this.
  8. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sadly the parents have given up on ther children
    If u want kids to turn out like u then treat your kids like your father did.
    Your dad didn do everything thing right and sometimes was wrong but he would rather b wrong then raise a weak child
    Unfortunately parents these days feel like ther parents were wrong and wont do with ther children like they were done with
    My father left bruises on my buttocks when i was a child, I remember very plainly, my father would have never abused a child he just wanted me to remember and never forget the thing he wanted me to remember. Sometimes it was how i treated someone or was disrespectful or once i pulled shingles off his barn, instead of laughing and talking to me he made sure i wouldn do it again.
    Parents toda are scared to make sure ther kids remember things.
    I dnt care your method of getting it done as long as u dnt do it out of anger or just cause your child irritated you.
    I was raised pretty old fashioned and i intend to do the same with my children
    I have two of the cutest little girls but ther only as cute as ther attitude is and ther respect for other people
    Dnt guve up on society ther is still good kids just they need a strong figure in ther lives and maybe a teacher is that.
    Children and young adults thrive on structure and discipline

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

early in, Sota and Vabowman like this.
  9. hillrunner

hillrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thankyou for sharing the story and pictures of your grandfather, I could read/listen to ww2 veteran stories all day.

I'm gonna stick up for the younger generation in my local area. I have always been impressed with the kids in my 16 year olds school. They are far kinder than kids were when I was in school . They treat the handicapped kids with respect and kindness, even electing a mentally handicapped kid for homecoming king. At sports games they interact with the kids from the other schools in a positive way instead of looking for fights. In general, they are smart too, very smart.
    I know there are plenty of problem kids too but I choose not to focus on those as they have always existed and they always will. Most of them will turn out good in the end, but a few will end up being leaches of society. That's just the way it is and always will be. I think it's easy to have rose colored glasses when looking back at our own generations.
    Edited to add, I could never be a teacher. I was not blessed with that kind of patience. Your students never grow up, every year you get another batch of the same maturity level kids. Others get to reap the rewards later in life as those kids grow and mature and learn to apply lessons they learned when they were younger.

10. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I live in an area where it used to be working middle class...not so any more.. Things are a changing... it's a lot more democrat influenced these days:biggrin:

11. hillrunner

hillrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, I'm definitely in a conservative area.

12. Tom WI

Tom WI Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Boy, its tough. These young people these days. No respect for authority. And the parents and school board are often just as bad. The kids can go cry to the principle that u raised an eyebrow at him and youll get fired. Well, it may not be that bad. But its getting there.

Vabowman likes this.
  13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Every generation thinks the next generation are the ruination of man.

cantexian, roadrunner and hillrunner like this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah but their has been a bit of truth in that saying, the snowball rolling down the mountain is much larger now and it is speeding up as well.

Vabowman likes this.
  15. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw the change coming in society right as I was retiring from law enforcement. We have certainly slid backwards. I even stopped coaching high school football because the parents offered no support and we were the a-holes for disciplining their kids.

virginiashadow and Vabowman like this.