An Epic Weekend Hunting The Rut

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Tree Stand Whacker, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Tree Stand Whacker

Tree Stand Whacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, I wasn't sure if I should even post this, as I am embarrassed and humbled with the outcome. But I just got back from my Rutcation here in Wisconsin. Over the course of 4 days I had 5 different encounters with my number 1 buck, "dagger." I had 2 shot opportunities, one blood trail, and just an overall crazy experience. This is a longer video, but I did want to share the entire story of how truly crazy this experience was. If you have the time to watch, I hope you can learn from my successes and failures!

bloodcrick, Shocker99 and cml5895 like this.
  2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bet he went and died in that swamp. Sucks you could not go after him any further. That buck walking away was a bummer too. I could tell you were getting antsy to fill a tag when you let that arrow fly. At least you had some nice opportunities. Gotta lick your wounds and recover. No doubt you learned a lot on those hunts. Thanks for sharing.

3. Tree Stand Whacker

Tree Stand Whacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slugger, that was the same deer. In all of the hunts. After hitting him, I saw him four more times over the course of the next 3 days.

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Props for sticking it out. Nothing to be embarrassed about. It’s like striking out in baseball. It’s going to happen. Main thing is he lived. So it’s a good ending you should be ecstatic. Next year he will be even bigger. Hope you get him in 2020