Elite shooters?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Who shoots an Elite these days? Im on my second one. impulse 31. I had an E 32. So far I love the Elite bows. I used to shoot Bowtech and they were great. and I assume still are. But if you are an Elite shooter, which one do you? And what will be your next Elite if there will be one? I keep hearing rumors about them closing the doors. I emailed them and got no response. All the local shops quit carrying t hem.. I love the bows but maybe Im in the minority..

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still shooting an Answer from 2012, I love this bow. I also have a '16 Impulse 31 all set up, but haven't really shot it much or dialed it in. Just haven't had the time. I'm sticking with the Answer for this season with brand new string/cables.
    I'm a huge Elite fan, would hate to see them go

3. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    yeh I really love them.. have you noticed that they no longer produce slid limbs? everything is split limb now

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There was a elite shooter on here the other day.... Or was that a Real Hunter

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  5. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot an Impulse 31 as well. I have been happy with it. I was shooting Mathews prior to that. Compared to the bows I started out they all shoot like a dream.

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Synergy

7. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    good stuff.. I cant see any reason to let go of the impulse 31 . its everything that I expect from elite.

8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love my E32

And to this day the Elite Hunter is easily the smoothest butter draw bow I've pulled back.

I did shoot the Ritual and it was very nice

9. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  10. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I liked the original Elite bows very well. Bought a Hunter and sold it and haven’t been back.

Try them every year being the store I buy my Hoyts from sells Elite and Mathews. I’m just not impressed enough to give up what I got for one. Not saying they aren’t great bows, they are highly detailed. The performance isn’t overly convincing to me. The draw is smoother for sure, the limb stop, not my fav but the speed lacks imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Ranbo

Ranbo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my E32. If i was concerned about speed it wouldn't be my top choice. I love the draw and solid back wall.

Shocker99 likes this.
  12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    The E32 was the smoothest bow I have ever owned. Now, I actually shoot the impulse 31 better for reasons unknown... its not nearly as smooth as the 32 but at 62# and 27" draw I get 272 fps with a 375 gr arrow, it performs quite well

13. MP261

MP261 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have an Energy 35 that I got in '17, I set it up and never ended up shooting it much. I really like the way it shoots and how it feels in the hand, but having a young expanding family I never got to shoot it enough to feel confident in the woods with it. So I've just continued to default to my old faithful. If anyone's interested in it send me a PM. A beautiful bow like that deserves to be shot more.

14. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bought an E32 to get back to compound after 5 or so years of hunting with crossbow from a snapped shoulder. I see no reason to get rid of it. I’ve killed a handful of deer with it and love the way it shoots. All of my buddies that try it are impressed. Didn’t hear they were closing but I too would hate to see them go. I think I’d probably lean towards an obsession if I had to buy another

15. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Nobody has confirmed them closing up, but the rumor floated around for a bit.. I certainly hope they stick around.

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    So you'd prefer not as smooth of a draw, worse back wall and such so long as it launches arrows faster? Just curious as just seems odd to me personally...but to each their own.

17. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    what I believe after chasing speed for many years is this.. speed is great if and only if you shoot the bow accurately and you enjoy shooting the bow...speed is not worth the pain of erratic arrow flight, loud bows and harsh draws with a bad back wall...all those things play a part in an actual hunting situation

NMGuy likes this.
  18. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No you got that all wrong, or I stated it wrong.

I liked the Elite smoothe draw, didn’t say it was a better draw than other bows. In fact ? I feel Hoyt’s Z5 cams are smoother, but I didn’t want to endorse something over Elite and get into that back and forth my bow is better thing.

Worse back wall ? Where did I again mention anything about preferring a worse back wall ? What I did endorse or actually prefer not to have is a “limb stop”. I just feel a limb stop feels artificial and at times a premature roll to too sudden of a stop. I prefer string stops. I own and owned many limb stop bows. Not bad, but not my preference.

Speed ? Speed to a point is always a hot topic. If I were all about speed, I’d be on a PSE 370+ IBO bow wouldn’t I ? Well I’m not, for a reason. I want smoothe draw, comfortable wall @ full draw, quietness, vibe free with great speed. All bows today are relatively fast. Some BS their ratings. Some for reasons unknown to me, once you cut the draw and heft up the arrow, drop precipitously in speed.

I’d say Bowtech and PSE are your speed choices today. Both make excellent bows too. In fact Bowtech has been getting great reviews all around and I’d probably try another Bowtech if it were string stopped, but might try them again anyway.

Elite is a great bow. Quality has only gotten better over the years. However I feel their cam designs have not personally satisfied my preference. Elite might have the best fit to finish imho in the industry.

So you might conclude I prefer hybrid cams. Kinda do but I shoot a Obsession Evolution too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Bows are like women....some just feel right and others don't.. but you got to try em all!! all jokes aside. I don't think there is a bad bow made from the top companies these days. I have always wanted a matthews but every time I go to get one they just never feel right to me..but who can argue with the reputation they have? They are top notch bows.

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Makes a lot more sense, thanks for the response. Truly all I wanted to gain was clarity on your thoughts. Thanks.

mikey custom-g likes this.