Pairing Spitfire Maxx to arrow

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Freddybowhunter, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Freddybowhunter

Freddybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys,

So I’ve been shooting Spitfire Maxx’s for 3 seasons now and love them. Always have great performance and great blood trails. However I have trouble finding a Broadhead to pair with my arrows sometimes. To get them to spin/pair perfectly together I really have to try a bunch of different Spitfire Maxx’s to different of my arrows until I find a perfect union. I’ve seen some places where guys say if you apply some pressure to the Broadhead in a certain direction you can match it to any arrow by getting it to seat correctly on the shaft and get it to pass the spin test, but haven’t tried that yet or really know how to do that. It’s just frustrating having a bunch of new broadheads laying around that won’t pair to the arrows I have left.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately with poor manufacturing tolerances common to cheaper heads that comes with the territory.

3. Bange23

Bange23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

4. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do the arrows spin true? I’m curious if you can get multiple heads to all spin with an arrow that you have already paired with a broadhead?

I shoot Spitfire Maxx’s and have found most to spin well, particularly with the last couple of packs I’ve bought. When I find ones that spin true, I simply get the replacement blades for them. The blades are a pain in the butt to replace until you get the hang of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Freddybowhunter

Freddybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the arrows are high quality (gold tip pro hunters +/- .001 straightness quality), so I don’t believe it to be an arrow issue. It’s strange because I can’t get multiple broadheads to spin well on the same arrow. I can get pairs every so often that give that perfect spin, but most connections are wobbly. Like I have 4 broadheads and 5 arrows not in my quiver and cants get any pairs out of them. That’s frustrating. I’m wondering if it’s a broadhead issue, if it’s just not seated well on the head and it’s something either pressure or possibly something to screw the broadhead down on first (tiny washer) could fix, or if it’s like an insert glueing issue. I feel like if it was an insert glueing issue though then none of the broadheads would pair. So frustrating because I love the performance of the broadheads when I’ve got a perfect match

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Make sure you true up the front of the arrow shaft and insert using an arrow squaring tool.

Planopurist likes this.
  7. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the same arrow and same broadhead as you. As has been said, I true the front (and back) of the arrow and insert. I haven’t bought a full set in a couple of years, but I would otherwise cut from the front and back. I have found my broadheads to weigh 2-3 grains different although that wouldn’t impact spinning true necessarily. Slap them on as best you can, try bending them, and test shoot them. Then just replace or resharpen the blades. That’s about all you can do, short of buying another pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddybowhunter likes this.