Walmart joins gun control leader!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by John T., Sep 4, 2019.

1. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He was asked to sign it, he didn’t have to. I do t really give damn either way, I see no benefit to open carry and I don’t give a damn about Walmart.
    The policy “requests”, dude could get a lawyer and over turn it, it why would you?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5670809/walmart-kroger-cvs-open-carry-gun-ban/?amp=true

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He can't overturn anything, this is a business banning/trespassing him. Nothing he can do whether he signed or not, other than appealing to the company to let him back in if he wishes to. But I doubt it.
    I don't care about open carry or Walmart either but, gun owners should be bothered by what's happening here. It's just further stigmatizing law abiding citizens and this collaboration with these big companies and Bloomberg is only going to get worse.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is a by product of the lack of accountability being taught to people these days. Blame someone for everything in your life that goes wrong. Killings? Blame the gun. I like it when open car guys come into restaurants and such. Those types of guys would more than likely take action if something threatened my family.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FEB likes this.
  4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya. The guy being trespassed was told "ya know, we just had a shooting in a Walmart"? He said "yes, that's why I'm carrying", Helloooo!
    Today it's open carry being attacked, next, carrying in these businesses concealed perhaps? Maybe these companies donate tens of millions to Bloomies anti gun groups, who then donates to anti-gun politicians?
    It's only been what, like a week? And they already have several other companies getting on board. It sucks

5. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good thing about carrying concealed is that assuming you have a decent holster the only way they're going to find out about it is if you have to use it. Assuming the situation is severe enough that the risk of firing a gun in a crowded store is justified then my guess is they’re going to let it slide. And a situation where a good guy with a gun saves the day won’t fit the media’s narrative so they’re not going to tell anybody about it either.

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a question about this guy being banned from Walmart. First I'll admit didn't read the article Feb posted, I can gather pretty much what happend.

So I clicked the article and it said was written Sept 6th, or 7th idk I'm not goin back to look, so did this happen after they changed their policy? If so I mean I agree its stupid and they overreacted, but it's their policy and he ignored it. Idk the laws in KY, but pretty much what happened to him is the exact thing that would happen in IL. If a buisness has a sign posted and you ignore it, they ask you to leave and if you don't you're trepassing. Like said I didn't read article or don't recall seeing it here but even if a sign wasn't present they asked him to leave. So it's the same outcome. You can stand there and arguing you're not hurting anyone and minding your own buisness all day but fact still remains he was in the wrong. Gun or not. And situation like this do nothing but give antis more ammo to restrict gun owners rights.

I carry all the time and while never had anything close to this happen, with the exception of getting a dirty look or two. But if I'm packing and notice a place has sign posted I don't go in. That's just how it works, agree or not. Buisness have rights to run their property or business how they choose. Be it Walmart, mechanics, or a baker. Can't really stand for your rights while trampling someone elses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tiny_MN likes this.