Walmart joins gun control leader!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by John T., Sep 4, 2019.

1. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now where will all the red necks go in the south to shop:eek2:

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good time to take our business elsewhere.

Artem256 likes this.
  4. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    At least I can still buy 8 shot dove loads there.....

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There are plenty of local dealers more than willing to accept your hard earned money, and they know what they are talking about when it comes to firearms. Shotgun shells were the only thing I ever bought from Walmart, no loss on my end.

The article is heavily biased to make you angry but if you read Walmart's policies, they are not really as hard sounding as the article claims.
    Article: "WalMart no longer wants citizens who can legally carry in the respective states to carry in their stores if they carry openly."
    WalMart: "we request that customers no longer openly carry firearms into Walmart or Sam’s Club locations in states where open carry is permitted"

6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Add them to the list

7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really don’t see any bias there. Whats the difference? I would bet anyone open carrying would be asked to leave.
    Hate to see Walmart partner with that scumbag. I rarely buy anything there, but now, never

Artem256 likes this.
  8. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Idk, you have a mass shooting and of course you'll have a typical knee jerk reaction. I for one am glad that Walmart is getting out of the guns and ammo game. It gives the local entrepreneur a chance to flourish and that's capitalism. But to say, I'll never shop at Walmart again, good luck with all that. A lot of rural and smaller communities have had all the small businesses closed due to the patronage of the Walmart.

Plus, where else are ya gonna go for people watching of that caliber!?

cantexian likes this.
  9. S.McArthur

Dislikes Received:
    "No longer wants": Do not do it, it's forbidden!
    "Request": We prefer you didn't do it.
    It's just the way it's written in the article to cause a reaction from the reader. I doubt a Walmart employee would care enough to force someone out unless it's liberal town, and open carrying in that situation is just asking for confrontation.
    Personally, I would never open carry or advertise that I was armed, just seems to give away the element of surprise if needed. So, again, it does not affect my life.

oldnotdead and Okiebob like this.
  10. S.McArthur

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly, I've never gone to Walmart looking fro firearms advice, but I will still buy cat litter and ball wash there.

Swamp Stalker and Okiebob like this.
  11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Furthermore, have you ever asked a walmart associate a question about a firearm or ammo? It's not like they are leading the pack in good knowledgeable advice or sales. But this thread is awesome bc all I hear is "I'm refusing to get good deals on toilet paper, dog food, canned goods, HVAC filters, pots, pans and frozen pizza because they won't let buy handgun and rifle ammo!" GTFO!! LOL! Most ridiculous arguement I've heard today but thanks for the good hard laugh. And open carry? Barney Phife much?

dprsdhunter and cantexian like this.
  12. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That’s a great story, spend where you want, did you read the article? Your money is going to the anti-gun jerkoffs.
    Them not selling guns/ammo doesn’t affect me, never bought there anyways. And I don’t care about open carrying in Walmart.
    I’m not OK with them starting an anti gun org with Bloomie to recruit other companies and attack our rights.
    Walmart has deep pockets to fuel their cause. Sorry if that bothers you, but I really like my guns.

greatwhitehunter3 and dnoodles like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am not a Walmart shopper, has nothing to do with ammo.

cantexian, Okiebob and Germ like this.
  14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Walmart sucks. I think one
    Objectively looking back will conclude that their existence has done more harm then good for our country. I dont shop there have no plans to, and this stupid decision had no bearing on that.

Bootlegger and Okiebob like this.
  15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ill shop at Walmart tomorrow. Dont care. And Ill shop at a little store. Dont care. Ill buy a Honda truck...lll buy a Ford Truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dprsdhunter likes this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have enough ammo, I don't need to buy anymore.

Thanks Obama!! :nana:

ultisportsman1 likes this.
  17. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The point is that Walmart is aligned now with Michael Bloomberg who wants to BAN all guns. Check out the organization they have joined.

Artem256 likes this.
  18. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ahh, I love the smell of extremist "opinionated news" stories in the morning....

This is a hard right Op-Ed "news" story. No different than the hard left sites like Change.org is having a field day about this, claiming it was ONE employee responsible for this. Not!

Yes, Wal-Mart changed it policies on firearm and ammunition related sales. Who cares?! They are a business. Businesses change what they sell all the time.

Do your business where you want, spend where you want. Don't care if it's Bob's Gunshop, Hooker 'n Blow Emporium or Snowflakes 'R US. Doesn't bother me.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, I can't boycott someplace where I never shop. Bought my truck battery there last year because I needed it and they were the closest. Other than that I haven't shopped there in a few years. I can find it on Amazon and Ebay just the same, Amazon if I need it quick and Ebay if I find a better price. I'm sure Bezos and whoever owns Ebay line Dem. pockets as well.

The reason I don't get too bent out of shape at news like this is threefold, first it will hurt their bottom line, case in point see ****s sales after their scary black gun decision.

Second, congressional liberals and gun rights groups are straight out in wacked out mode. Freely admitting their intent, finally, to abolish the 2nd Amenndment and ban as many guns as possible.

Thirdly, we have a constitutional majority on the SCOTUS. Not a conservative majority as has been noted by Roberts, Kavanaugh and Gorsuch breaking away and siding with a mostly liberal "other side".

The more extreme these "lesaders" and gun control groups get, the more likely we will be to see more 2A cases being accepted by SCOTUS.

Walmart can sell whatever they want and not sell whatever they want. Donate to the groups they see fit.

Sometimes I almost wish for some of the draconian proposals being sought by gun control groups and anti-gun congressional members to pass.

It will come back to bite them, that I am certain of. If Ginsburg has to step down or passes while on the bench, Thomas retires and/or Sotomayer faces health issues during Trump's 2nd term, that would tip the balance to a full constitutional majority for the remainder of my lifetime. I won't like every decision I am sure, but I will accept them if they are ruled on based on the constitution. Not feelgood ideologies and public feelings.

Judges should be impartial to emotions and rule on law, precedent and constitutionality. They can get emotional in their ruling, just not in their decision. I hold that opinion to judges on every level of the judicial system.

20. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Eh never really bought ammo there anyway, cheaper places in town to get it. And if ya go back through rant thread can see what happened last time bought ammo there, not that it was their fault, but that was enough for me.

Probably wont shop there anymore or any less than ever did, same with ****s, if that's the store in town that has what I need that's where I'm goin. Still buy under armour, yeti, and whatever other company gun owners are supposed to boycott for same reason. There's most likely no company or buisness that does or doesn't support something you don't personally so why lose sleep over it. Only thing I will say is same I say every other time this happens. If this effects sales or profit don't ***** about it. They made the decision so now they can live with the outcome. I'm sure Walmart will be fine tho, doubt ammo sales is their bread and butter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk