Team 5 - Cinco de Arrow

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by Brad Kaufmann, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Holt checking in!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    rbhunting1 checking in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    checking in

5. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    First order of business is to make sure everyone checks in. 2nd thing we need to do is start thinking of a team name!

6. cjuvinall

cjuvinall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in....

Got some nice bucks in sight this year...hope it all pans out.

7. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just got off work and can post a little. While we wait for the other guys to check in , it's alway good to introduce your self to the team and if your have any good trophy photos from years past, that's a bonus!

8. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My name is actually is Holt. I'm 38, married and have 2 young daughters. I'm self employed and do construction. So I get alot of time to take off to hunt, as long as I can afford it! Lol.

So this year I have yet to find a good buck to go after. I did a ton of scouting in the spring and found many great bucks to chase, as long as there still around. I hunt a very large tract of private land, but plan on hunt most of my time this year on various public land spots. My season starts in less then 2 weeks and for the first time every, my county I hunt opened all Sundays for hunting! Which is huge for me!

HuntMaine likes this.
  9. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy checking in from Lancaster Pa. looking forward to chatting with you guys for the next few months. I am also married with 2 children the oldest of which we just dropped off at college last week. Unfortunately that means he won’t be joining me in any hunts for awhile. I am also in construction mostly high end residential remodeling. Unfortunately I am an employee though but still get to work hours that allow me to get out usually 2-3 times per week after work plus Saturday. No Sunday’s here. I’ve been hunting the same farm for 25 years. Unfortunately I have yet to kill any real monster bucks a few descent ones but I will mention right away that I am not a trophy hunter. If it gets me excited I’m shooting. IMG_0316.JPG
    This is my nicest one to date which actually got picked on the trophy photos of one episode a few years ago. Super exciting!!!! For me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

HuntMaine and Holt like this.
  10. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck! I'm not far from you. I'm about hour south, just over the Maryland line. I do the same work, mostly high end residential remodel. I got to ask, how many grey cabinets or grey walls have you done in the past year! Lol

11. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0058.JPG
    I’ve only been on 2 different projects in the last 5 years. Kitchen in one was grey. Other pic is of my own master bedroom that I remodeled last year after hunting season was over. Never really thought about grey but it is being used a lot now that I think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Holt likes this.
  12. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys. My name is John. I hunt in NW Arkansas and NE Oklahoma. I've been married for 30 years to a beautiful and understanding woman. We have two adult children and five grandchildren. My son was bitten by the hunting bug also and has a almost 15 year old stepdaughter that loves to hunt. I have had the privilege of being in the stand with her when she harvested both of her deer. My daughter never seemed to be interested in hunting even though I tried. Her and her husband have cattle ranch in Oklahoma. I have access to their 500 acres. Planning to try to hunt some other properties they have leased. I've been on a great team the past three years; winning the contest on back to back years and coming up second last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Happy, HuntMaine and Holt like this.
  13. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That wall of cabinets looks great! Really like the look of the flush doors. I just said that about the grey colors because it seem just about every other customer I had over the last couple years ask for it. Definitely a trend right now.

14. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good evening. My name is Mike and I am 59. I live and hunt in the Panhandle of Texas. I hunt three different properties , one being the home place that I have hunted 34 years. We had very few deer until that time (mid 80’s), but when a lot of land in the area, which was marginal farmland at best, was idled and put into the CRP program, deer began to flourish to the point that we are now like many other areas, and are overpopulated with more landowner doe depravation tags offered than can be utilized. It has been interesting to watch the transformation and evolution of local deer hunting over this timeframe.

The other two properties are about 15 miles away in two different directions and one in another county so it allows me to have a wide choice of hunting options. I have been hunting them for 15 plus years. My grown nephew and his good friend are my two main hunting companions. l have been bow hunting for the last 20 years or so and seldom gun hunt as we can use a bow during gun season so it gives us a 90 plus day season. I keep all my properties bow hunting only except for a few kid or newbie hunts each year.

I am in the cattle business and can usually get out for a couple of afternoon hunts each week and most weekends for a few hunts as well. My biggest passion is snow skiing and am only 7 hours away from the Colorado ski slopes, my grown son lives there, so my time gets split starting about mid to late November.

I will stop now as I’ve probably already told you more than you really wanted to know,lol

Happy, HuntMaine, Holt and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey gents,

How we doing ? Finny here from VA hunt a good bit in MD as well. I’m good for a doe. Currently on a 5 year buck drought, but I blame the Marine Corps. I am currently a Police Officer here in VA. I typically get like 4-5 days off in a row minus court days so I should have some time to hunt. I have pics of some 130ish bucks in the backyard. Other then that haven’t had the time to scout, but will once public land opens up for scouting next week. I’ve already decided during the rut I am just gonna wait it out in my backyard super boring and action is slow but stand time and trail cam pics don’t lie past 2 years day time P&Y day walkers and I was out hunting else where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Skywalker checking in. My name is Stephen and I live and hunt on a 40 acre property in NW Missouri. I'm married and have one daughter, a Junior in High School. I work for a utility equipment manufacturer and supervise the customer service/parts team. In addition, I am also the assistant high school softball coach so I'll have less early season hunting than in years past. I have a couple other places I can hunt, but my 40 has been really, really good to me over the years so I find it hard to travel anywhere to hunt when I can just walk out my back door.

I've been fortunate to take some nice bucks over the years. No monsters, but most in the 135 to 150 range. Since 2009(when I started really hunting my property), I've taken 9 bucks, 8 of those bucks came off my 40 acres. This year has been a strange year so far, I haven't gotten any bucks on my trail cameras, but I'm currently running way fewer cameras than in years past. We've had periods of excessive rain and periods of time with no rain at all. My soybean plot completely failed, so I'll be scrambling to get a late season plot in. I have a few target bucks that I've seen behind the house. Had a nice 10pt behind the house night before last, and about a week ago I had a huge bachelor group of 8 bucks behind the house. Three of which were absolute studs. Hopefully a couple of the studs will take up root for their fall range.

17. cjuvinall

cjuvinall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am from Wausau, WI. Husband, dad (6), pastor. Just got this guy back from the taxi...shot him on November 1 last year with my bow. Never saw him before he showed up. I shoot a Mathews Heli-M.

[​IMG]

18. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey y'all, checking in. My name is Kevin, I'm 25 and I live in Florida and work as a firefighter / EMT. I get to hunt deer here in Florida, but my main hunting is done in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky where I have been pretty successful the last few years. My dad and I have recently got some nice 8 points and some does, but I am after this buck that missed two years ago. Had him come in pushing three does, he does a figure 8 at 30 yrds and I shot right over his back... Buck Fever was definitely a factor! Hoping to see him again this year or encounter another Kentucky Bruiser! Looking forward to the season with you guys.

big kentucky deer.jpg

8 point kentucky deer.jpg

Dad and I kentucky deer.jpg

Dad kentucky deer.jpg

19. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, my name is Eric. I’ve been participating in this contest for a few years now, always a good time!! I live in Southern Maine, most of my time is spent hunting here, but have also been spending a week out in South West Illinois in November since 2012. This year I will be out there the 3rd week of November!

I’m 30 years old, married with a 2 year old son. I work on a paper machine at the local paper mill, and work shift work so I’m lucky to get quite a bit of time to hunt. My cameras here around the house are slow this year, our deer herd isn’t the greatest numbers wise. Bear hunting started yesterday, and our deer season starts in just under two weeks!

Looking forward to having a good team and a fun season!

Happy and Holt like this.
  20. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Some great looking deer guys! Looks like we only need 1 more guys to check in and we got a full team.

Here is the buck I shot last year for the contest. I got maybe 2-3 bucks about the same size or hopefully larger this year to chase. I found there sheds this spring, but haven't located them this season yet. I usually try and locate them by September. Also this is the shed off the buck I'm really interested in finding! [​IMG][​IMG]

Happy and rbhunting1 like this.