Team 12 - Drop Tine Dozen

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by vermontwhitetail, Aug 26, 2019.

1. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in. Sign in everyone.

2. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I'll start with a little bit about myself. I'm 51, from Vermont. I bow hunt in NJ and VT from September 14 through the second week of February. Been archery hunting since I was 16. I had a rotator shoulder injury in 2016 and started using a crossbow, but this year Im good enough to pull 63-65lbs so I'm back into a compound bow. I like to hunt from tree stands though I will continue to use the crossbow when I hunt from the ground as I don't use a blind. I have six kids, the adults hunt on their own, the three young ones I take for two trips to NJ and they hunt in VT when we have time around all their soccer games.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Logman and Turro like this.
  3. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    vermontwhitetail likes this.
  4. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maxpetros checking in!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Logman and vermontwhitetail like this.
  5. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on my early 20s and I also bow hunt NJ public land. This is my second season hunting exclusively with a traditional bow and I'm very excited to get out September 14th. I've got a few WMAs scouted really well and a number of large (for NJ) bucks located and patterned pretty well. I'm always good for a doe for sure and as the season goes on I'll get less picky about bucks.

early in, Logman, Turro and 1 other person like this.
  6. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt Zone 10 Holland Township mostly and a little Zone 7 Bethlehem Township.

7. Theana9

Theana9 Guest

+1
    [​IMG]

8. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Oh nice I hunt zone 7 as well

9. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I also hunt public land exclusively in NJ. In VT I own 50 acres and plant food plots to try and keep the deer around. I've seen some nice 140-150" deer in NJ, though I haven't arrowed one yet. VT just does not have the genetic quality that NJ has and anything over 120" is big.

10. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Cant see that image?

11. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice. I gotta say some parts of NJ especially around there produce some really nice bucks if you put in the work. They also lease out some of the public land for farmers and this year the main piece of ground I hunt has two giant bean fields and last year it was corn. Let me know if you want to get together for a hunt when you come down to Nj

12. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I think we may be hunting the same place. I'll PM you.

Mathews1995 likes this.
  13. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in
    I’m 38, wife and 2 kids, hunt northern mn. Was on same team last two years so new crew this year on here. The way I describe my hunting is kinda like being single and going to the bar. Start with high hopes and standards then as time gets closer to close less picky and by last anything goes. Probably won’t get a booner but should be able to go bigger than a fergie and if I party hunt can get a bonus deer too. Nothing too exciting for hopes. Haven’t put the time in I should this year. Too many things going on. Maybe 100” 8 on cam and few small. Usually best shot to send an arrow is first sit. Season is mid sept til end of dec. good luck you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kfili checking in,
    Hey everyone Im 29 married and have a one year old daughter. Been bowhunting for 5 years, and will most likely primarily be on public land down here in VA. Spent a good amount of time scouting with only disappointment so far in the giant national forest so Im trying to throw something else together last minute. I am usually good for a few doe each year, and hopefully ill stumble my way into some bucks, I know there out there!

vermontwhitetail, Logman and Turro like this.
  15. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What’s up everybody. Mitch checking in from here in SW Michigan. This will be my 4th year doing the contest and I don’t see any familiar faces so I can’t wait to get to know you guys. I hunt 6 or 7 permission properties here in Michigan and started an annual public land Missouri trip last fall. I am not as ready at this point as I’d like to be as far as placing, checking, and trimming stands but I hope to be finished up in a few weeks. My Missouri trip is October 20-27th this year and I’ve got my fingers crossed for another good trip. I have put up points points every contest and my best year was last year at 187 I believe. Let’s get this party started!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

vermontwhitetail, Turro and Logman like this.
  16. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think we've been on the same team before. I knew I recognized that name.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Kfili likes this.
  17. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. I'm 34 wth a wife and 3 kids. Work full time and go to grad school full time. I promise I'll find time to get in the woods though ;) I can't promise a deer as I've been skunked the past few years but I promise we'll have fun. I don't care what anyone shoots. Any deer with a bow is a trophy! I'll be hunting private land in northern IL and private land in Crawford county WI. Let's do this!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

18. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Some great parts of the country Logman. Good luck!

Logman likes this.
  19. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    NJ definitely has some corkers running around I managed to arrow a 120 in 2016, I missed a 140's in 2017 and shot another 120 in 2018. I always shoot several does in NJ too. Soooo many deer in NJ. VT on the other hand I may sit for a week and see nothing, even with the clover plot, turnip/radish plot and 40 producing apple trees. Deer here in VT get very nocturnal in October, constantly roaming in November and then they may settle into the food in December. but we only have 9 days to hunt in December with Bow or Muzzy in VT

20. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For the guys that have check in do you have any ideas or suggestions on team names that we can start throwing out there? Has anyone been a captain before that might want to volunteer?

I’ll throw a couple names out there to start it off.

Dynamic Dozen
    Dirty Dozen

And I’m out lol.

Hopefully it will be a great year and everyone stays engaged! I am beyond ready to get in a tree. I recently picked up a new property that was logged about 3-4 years ago. I made it out there yesterday to reopen the logging trail that was made when they logged it. Although it is only 11 acres it looks very promising and should actually hunt pretty big because of how thick it is. I made it all of the way to the back line and picked up a real nice shed from this past year. I think it is probably a 3.5 year old shed and if he’s still around should be a dandy 8 pt this year.
    Image1566907135.686227.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Kfili, Turro and vermontwhitetail like this.