Team 16 - Sweet SixTine

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 26, 2019.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let's get this started!!!

Check in (as you do I'll make note here)....brief introductions are always nice as well.

PLEASE above all else, even if you have the worst season of your life, stay active. I've been on many teams and my least favorite have never had to do with scores but teams with no-shows or folks that check in but NEVER communicate.

Love seeing some familiar faces and some fellas I'd call friends already on the team!

Bullridnfool - Checked In
    Tbass3574 - Checked In
    dmax4me - Checked In
    MnHunterr - Checked In
    Virginiashadow - Checked In
    Sknox8 - Checked In
    triebs58 - Checked In
    Ryan Cornelius - Checked In
    Tynimiller - Checked In
    Racks&Ridges - Checked In
    Bone Head Hunter - Checked In

@Bullridnfool @tbass3574 @dmax4me @MnHunterr @virginiashadow @sknox8 @triebs58 @Ryan Cornelius @Racks&Ridges @Bone Head Hunter

I'll also add some things.....that way for anyone that is new can avoid making our team look like folks that cannot read the contest rules. Make sure to read through the rules ASAP.

Briefly put remember, there is no excuse to not take two photos with the harvest (archery equipment MUST be in the pictures) in order to verify and be eligible to count for the contest.

Also, please if you've never scored a buck DON'T be shy and ask for help. Every year there are numerous entries that are clearly off score wise...the contest isn't worth it, if you shoot it that means it made you happy no matter the score so who cares. If it is a 80 inch buck who cares...if it is a 100 inch buck who cares...if it is a spike who cares.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  2. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Tynimiller here (real name Ty Miller). From Northern, IN and this season I got high hopes yet again, BUT have a baby coming September 2nd.....so my normal hunting hours will be DRAMATICALLY lessened this year.

Last year was an INCREDIBLE and RARE season for me, when my plan came together on a buck that grossed 175...but I'm usually chasing bucks in the 130-150 range and Lord willing I can do that this season.

My state's normal archery season starts October 1st...but for those with reduction zone properties you can start September 15th (earn a second buck tag there though so doe first).

Ryan Cornelius likes this.
  3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Brett here from central Virginia. Will be hunting two large military bases this fall, with some other public pieces mixed in here and there. I had a trail cam out on a lake spot and picked up a real nice 7 pt id like to get a crack at this year. Good luck everyone.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tony checking in from southern Indiana... I'll be hunting the family farm and my river bottom lease. Looking forward to getting to knowing the team members I haven't chatted with before.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Tony and Brett it is a pleasure to share a team again with you fellas...atleast I believe we've shared a team Brett right? I actually think Tony and I have been on two teams together.

6. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep Ty we have... Hopefully I can score a few point this year!

tynimiller likes this.
  7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Same to you Ty!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tynimiller likes this.
  8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jake checking in. Great to see some well known/real active members on the team!

I'm from central MN and will be hunting the family farm mainly. Don't have many big deer on camera as of yet. We finally get the chance to take a doe and buck this year so that is my goal. I have never shot a buck with my bow (I've passed many smaller bucks).

Now that I've checked in, I will talk to everyone after the season :lol: .

Good luck.

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    :lmao:

Good to have ya as well bud!

Ryan Cornelius and MnHunterr like this.
  10. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Hi all
    My name is Shawn Knox. I hunt west central WI. I mainly hunt my in laws property and my grandpa's 40 acre parcel . I have a few buck in the 120" inch range on cam so far.
    This is my first year doing this contest I'm excited to chat with new guys and to have fun hearing how your seasons are going.

11. tbass3574

tbass3574 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, glad to be here. My names Tom I hunt upstate NY and take an Ohio trip every year to bowhunt the rut. I’m usually good for a couple does here in NY and possibly a small buck and who knows for Ohio, place I hunt I’ve seen over 140” deer the last two years. This was last years harvest, October can’t get here soon enough[​IMG]

12. Ryan Cornelius

Ryan Cornelius Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone! I can't wait for archery season to start. I live and hunt in Pennsylvania. I have about 140 acres I can hunt in western PA and here in eastern PA I hunt mostly public land. I look forward to this up coming season and hearing from all of you.

13. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One of the better ones I have on cam so far this year

Attached Files:

14. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Scott checking in here from South Central PA. I mainly hunt on our 2 farms in Ohio. I will be headed out there this weekend to plant my fall food plots. I'm sure my corn and soybeans have just about reached there potential. Glad to be on the team and looking forward to this fall.

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    We seem to have PA on lock team wise! Great to have ya fellas!

dmax4me likes this.
  16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I have been burned (some long stories) about posting some of the bucks I'm chasing online (my Small Acre Hunting page/site) but I usually share a few here and will a few. One of the coolest bucks I'm after though is a buck named Bertier. He got hit by a car back in November of 2016 (tore a whole antler off...busted up his right back leg...) well surprisingly this dude without having a functioning back leg has illustrated how tough they truly are and now in 2019 is still around and as always is EXTREMELY unique since injury. Here's a couple pictures of the odd goof by a fence along one boarder (NOT HIGH FENCE PROPERTY...neighbor's fence).

I have tons of footage and know precisely where this wounded warrior prefers to bed (video'd him in his bed multiple times this year).

He isn't the biggest buck I'm chasing...may not be top 3 even, but the story is INCREDIBLE with him.

Attached Files:

virginiashadow and sknox8 like this.
  17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Only got this picture of this guy (Highrise) on phone, not the clearest but this is a buck I passed in 2017...Pops almost killed in 2018...and BLEW UP this year. He is a 4.5 or 5.5 year old. Dude is very active on the property and like Bertier, illustrates the property is one of his favorites to spend his time on both in late summer and fall (based on past years constant use).

Attached Files:

18. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some good bucks.

Sometimes the story that goes with them over the years makes those hunts the most memorable. I have had a few over the years with a few years history and even if I never closed the deal on them...

Bone Head Hunter and tynimiller like this.
  19. triebs58

triebs58 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys from central Wisconsin I decided to not put any trail cameras out this year and I am hunting just public land got my first buck last year hoping for my second this year if not I well I know I’ll have a great time in the wood either way good luck to everyone hope we all have a fun season antlers are just a bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

20. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What county do you hunt?