The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting at the dealership waiting on my Jeep and what’s on the TV?

The freakin’ Weather Channel!!!!!

I’m in central PA and don’t give a crap what it is doing in St Louis!

Owners are probably afraid Trump will call someone else a loser, or Pelosi will lose her fake teeth, so real tv is a no no.

Put on The Price is Right for Christ sakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikey custom-g, Sota and w33kender like this.
  3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guess I'll see if can shoot this withou any problems. First time shooting since got it back.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mikey custom-g and Okiebob like this.
  4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I worked with a buddy's grandfather after HS for the few months before shipping out to Parris Island. One day, I had to reclaim his family cemetery that was chest high with weeds. That was the worst case of poison ivy I've ever had. LOL. I had it on my face, hands, arms. Anything not covered was a mess.

5. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Well put 100 rounds through pistol, not one problem. Did several differnt drills, rapid and slow fire, and everything ran smooth with no issue. Picked up several shell cases throughout shooting and not any problems with any of them either. So seems everything is back to normal. Not gonna lie was little iffy first couple mags ran through, sure they test fired it but still kinda hesitant.

So guess can stop posting about it here since it's not really a rant anymore if nothing is wrong ha.

One thing that was kinda odd was seeing a shell case laying on one of the shooting tables (pics). I have really no idea what happend so just making assumptions. But its also a federal aluminum cased round like what messed up in my gun and seemed to have same problem. Only difference is its a .40 round instead of 9mm. Like said just speculation, but seems like to me the case also ruptured. Really don't see how else this woulda happened but who knows. Not that I was gonna buy the ammo again anyway this just confirms that. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear it! I will not be buying any aluminum casing rounds after hearing about your experience.

7. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Was the firing pin mark off center on the primer? I would bet you $100 that somebody got it mixed in with some 45 ACP rounds and fired it out of the wrong caliber pistol. There are plenty of 45ACP pistols out there that will chamber and fire a .40 round. It's too small to head space in the 45 caliber chamber but since they're both rimless cartridges and kind of similar in size a lot of 45 pistols have magazines that will feed the smaller round and extractors that will catch the rim and hold it against the bolt face. And its a close enough size that the firing pin still lines up with the uncentered primer enough to strike it and send the round. Don't think a 40 would have the energy to cycle the 45 action and chamber another one, but it'll certainly shoot a one off shot followed by fail to eject and/or feed.. The way that casing is stretched is exactly what you would see with one shot out of an oversized barrel. The brass (or alumininium in this case) is thicker near the rear to reinforce it for the primer pocket and rim so it doesn't stretch and since it was off center in the barrel the side of the cartridge that was against the barrel didn't stretch either.

dnoodles likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How would you like being the manager of the Hooters in Atlanta when Joey Chestnut comes in for $15.99 all you can eat wings. 435 wings and 12 hours later Joey is done eating.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Assuming they were hot wings, how would you like to take that crap the next morning :lol:

axtell343 likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah with deep fried food that would be exiting my body in less than an hour.

oldnotdead and dnoodles like this.
  11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Having two releases "somewhere" but not able to find either one of them. WTF!!!!!

Losing my damned mind, I know there is a box of hunting stuff I crammed somewhere but for the life of me cannot find it.

Even text the guy who bought my bow if I gave it to him with it and I didn't. I know I have seen it in the past year. I refuse to buy one until I search the garage, too hot right now.

Searching for it, all I could think was I'm going to end up on hoarders after I die.

dnoodles likes this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You will find them right after you buy a new one.:biggrin:

13. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea idk really what to think. Got a buddy that hasn't had any problem but I know i won't be buying any. Even if it was a fluke was enough for me to pass. I don't buy steel cased for my AR either because its only ammo have had problem with. Nothing major besides fail to feed but again tjat was enough to turn me off of it ha.
    I kinda wondered that too maybe. Looked around and didn't see any other similar cases. There was actually alot of .45 laying around. But idk where the guy was shooting from and there's literally thousands upon thousands of spent shells all over the ground at range ha. I did kinda look it over and don't remember the pin strike standing out. But like said it's really assumptions on my part havin not been there. I just saw it on the table and looked it over and found it pretty odd it seemed to be the same thing I had trouble with.

I could believe something like you're describing though and it makes sense that might be what happened.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll find it tomorrow then :lol:

Forgive me, I'm weak. Stupid Amazon...

15. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, if it was chambered in the correct caliber it wouldn't have bulged out like that. Split yes, but bulge no. Someone fired a .40 off in a .45.
    I'd still only target cheap brass ammo for plinking rounds.

16. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    All these places making people wait to get a state inspection for a car. 2 to 3 hour waits and places also make you schedule an appt. Never was like this in northern VA. Drive your car in and it gets done. Too many cars and people living up there to be making people wait. Currently at the beach getting my bozo daughters car inspected. Sitting at ntb for the last hr waiting and there are only 2 cars they are working on...dang it

dprsdhunter likes this.
  18. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What type of inspection does one need?

19. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just made my monthly trip too town.
    Had to stop at Walmart.
    Now I feel like bleaching my eyes and showering in Lysol.

Anti- rant. If there's anything more pleasant to smell than fresh cut alfalfa, I don't know what it is??

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SOB the conference I go to every year for the association I was on the board for and still am obligated to be at is at the same time my wife is off and we do our yearly october fishing trip to Florida. Going to cost me a fortune, she is going to Turks with her friends instead, going to cost me 140,000 airmiles to get her there comfortably.