The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cancer sucks

Screenshot_20190617-105207_Facebook.jpg

2. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My wife saw Joe Bonsall toda in a restaurant and i wasnt ther..... would have like to talk to him

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am glad that I was never famous because if somebody came up when I am trying to enjoy a meal in a restaurant they would think I am a jerk.

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fixing something on you're truck only to find it's another problem. That's pretty much what this whole weekend and today as involved. Started with ball joints, went to new shocks, and finally coil springs. Plus side is won't need anything on front end for while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dprsdhunter likes this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll expand on this..... Few months back I blew the clutch on my Polaris 700... Decided to sell it as it was getting up there in years.
    It's time to burn my Fields so I take my Suzuki 250 quadrunner and strap my rig and boom on it and head out to my 2 acre. 3 laps in it quits. I wait around for a bit and it fires right up again... Few minutes later dead again. I replace coil and it does the same thing. Plug and same thing. CDI replaced and same thing happens again. Each time I have to limp it from my plot to my truck ( about mile). I call my guy and he says, well might be stator but no guarantee.

6. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ha ha. I think all she did was say hi. He has a farm close here and is a regular around the town they say

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How many green pricing labels do you think are on the 2 vending machines at the station?

0[​IMG]

8. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Well that is a first for me. I was on my way up I 95 and just drove straight into a dam tornado.

9. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That doesn’t sound like a great idea Lol. But at least you are alright!

10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    There wasn't much I could do about. debris started flying into my car at about 50 miles an hour and I saw a tornado coming right down 95

11. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Dang that's crazy. Glad you're alright.

12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it's been fun. Usually don't mind working on stuff myself but after today I'm sick of it. It's just the truck drive back and fourth to work so hate taking it somewhere seeing as it's a $500 truck bought for gas milage and keep miles off nicer one. (I've surpassed that price with work I've done ha) But if took it somewhere they'd charge out the butt and wanna fix stuff that doesn't need messed with. I was seriously ready to light a match this afternoon tho trying to bleed the breaks ha.

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man. Here is a report from the weather people.

WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - Severe storms that swept through the greater D.C. area on Thursday produced at least two confirmed tornadoes, according to the National Weather Service — one in Glenelg, Maryland, and one in Massaponax, Virginia.
    The NWS will collect additional information on Friday, but credible video and debris were sufficient on Thursday evening.

According to the NWS, peak winds reached an estimated 95 miles per hour.

14. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow!!! Glad your ok!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'll try not to do this again after this:
    I am so $%*&)#@&!!!! sick of this rain. From May 1 I can count on one normal 5 digit hand how many days it has NOT rained. I'm still trying to plant a garden. So it won't be a summer but a fall garden. My clover plots would be great save the weeds which the 24DB didn't work due to ,yep, rain. Years of trying to keep the weed bank at bay gone because mowing can't be done. Plots not sprayed for winter greens., Strawberries taste like...NOTHING no sun tons of rain. Tons of them, really big no flavor and it looks like blue berries will go the same.
    So this will be the summer that never was, BTW we had to turn on our furnace this weekend,WTH!
    It's not just us it's farms across the country so I see whats coming at the stores. One thankful thing is we no longer have hay and grain dependent live stock.
    So heres my predictions, no summer but no fall either because the heat will hit in late Sept through Oct. Maybe Nov. Then record low winter temps and average snow. God bless those in the tornado and hurricane zones. It's been bad and I fear will be bad.
    Can you tell we are having yet another foggy rainy day?

16. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Government waste... State and Federal

The Pennsylvania game commission got audited recently and the report was released two weeks ago. Here are a few things that caught my eye after I skimmed through it.

#1 The PGC recieves tens of millions of dollars from gas companies through royalty and lease agreements. But they don't track how much money is owed. They relied solely on the oil and gas companies word as to how much money was owed, the auditors and the PGC have no idea whether they recieved the proper amounts.
    A quote from the auditor
    “Essentially, the commission is relying on gas and oil companies to say how much money they owe,” DePasquale said. “I find the lack of fiscal controls to be particularly troubling at a time when oil and gas royalty revenues doubled, rising from $9.3 million in 2015 to $19.2 million in 2017.

#2 On top of sitting on 72 million dollars in it's game fund, the PGC has several escrow accounts for a combined worth of 6.5 million dollars. This money isn't considered in the annual budget process.

But what's really scary is that the PGC's top financial manager had no idea these escrow accounts existed. Furthermore, they are held outside of the PA treasury dept. So nobody knows where that money is coming from or going to. Here is a quote from the report

" The commissions Chief of Fiscal Management was not appraised of their existence. This management official in charge of handling finances for the Commission, including preparing the annual budget, stated he had no knowledge of what escrow accounts existed, how escrow dollars were being utilized, or what their respective balances were."

This money is managed solely by the "Chief Counsel" of the PGC... Smells fishy

The PGC's vehicle fleet is costing them 3 million bucks a year. There are 161 pool vehicles in the fleet, yet their own managment admits 36-38 vehicles were necessary. The other 100+ vehicles are just sitting in a garage.

I'm sure there is more, but the report is 140 pages long. And they have the gall to say they need to bump license costs up. Plug your own leaks first!

I realize it's small potatoes compared to what happens in Washington D.C. and other states, but this hits close to home since it's my license money being burned up for this kind of BS.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't mind getting older, but aging sucks.

90% certain I cracked or broke a rib or two. Heading to get an x-ray after to find out. Won't be the first time if so, but mainly need to find out so I don't make it worse while at work.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh just wait it only gets worse.

GregH, Christine and wl704 like this.
  19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know, I can only imagine 15 years from now.

Being a contortionist working on cars and other things most of my life is really showing up. Remember when we were building our house backnin highschool, seeing how many sheets of plywood you could carry when the lumber was delivered, or shingles up on the roof. Being told, "you boys better slow down and take care of your bodies, you'll regret it when you get older".

Had I only listened....... :lol:

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wince when I see somebody jump down from the back of a pick up.

virginiashadow and Swamp Stalker like this.